Menu

Any No-S "Dieters" on the board?

EmilyGF

I did my 3 meals and no snack today:

B:  Harley Pasternak's Breakfast smoothie (almonds, greek yogurt, banana, apple, spinach, skim milk)

L: Ham and tomato on rye, water, grapes, handful of pizza goldfish

D: Egg, ham and cheese omelet, slice of buttered toast, tea with splash of 2% milk

Now I really need to start doing the exercising.   Lost my fit bit last week :(  so I am at a loss regarding how many steps I am taking each day and also feel less motivated without the incentive of trying to make my 10,000 steps so that my wristband will buzz :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday was pretty much a success. I had my morning coffee, as always. 

Breakfast - Peanut butter and pear butter on whole wheat sandwich thin, cup of almond milk

Lunch - Slice of ham, muenster cheese, romaine and mayo on flatout tortilla, a few grapes with yogurt for "dressing"

Dinner - Homemade chicken noodle soup with saltines, a banana with a bit of peanut butter

I didn't do my morning workout because I woke up with a skull-crushing headache in the middle of the night, that didn't go away until afternoon. But I did get over my 10,000 steps.

No idea if there is any connection, and possibly TMI. But I had been sort of halfway constipated for a long time, while trying to cut calories and carbs and different things. This week, I have been really regular and had nice potty "events." Hasn't been like this for a long time.

I like this thread, and hope people continue to post to it. (I also use Myfitnesspal, but not worrying as much about getting the calories perfect now.)

This is interesting to me. I am the opposite in some ways. I graze off and on all day, every day. (I just eat when hungry, and stop eating when full.) (Not at inappropiate times like the choir thread, though. ;) ) I don't like full meals, and it is a real battle internally for me to do the meal thing for the sake of the kids. (Especially when you throw in their SED and allergies. I manage but it is not easy.) I have never been much for seconds or sweets, though. My weight has always been either thin or normal.

This is interesting to me. I am the opposite in some ways. I graze off and on all day, every day. (I just eat when hungry, and stop eating when full.) (Not at inappropiate times like the choir thread, though. ;) ) I don't like full meals, and it is a real battle internally for me to do the meal thing for the sake of the kids. (Especially when you throw in their SED and allergies. I manage but it is not easy.) I have never been much for seconds or sweets, though. My weight has always been either thin or normal.

Yep, we are all so different. It is a challenge for some of us to find what works for us. I say if you have something that works, don't mess with it.  :)

I love this diet. It makes perfect sense and I believe it is probably pretty much the way most skinny people just eat.

One tidbit I haven't seen that made a lot of sense to me was to not be afraid to be a little hungry. I realized that I felt like I was being deprived if I EVER felt hungry. You are supposed to be hungry before you eat a meal and I never was because as soon as I felt ANY discomfort I would get a snack. So, now when I feel any hunger between meals, I just remember it is not a problem, don't automatically go get a snack, it is normal to actually feel hungry sometimes.

It is a great way to actually stick with an eating plan! People have asked how long I plan to eat like this and honestly, it can be a forever thing, it is just eating sensibly.

I have to say this isn't really a diet. I'm pretty sure this is how people ate before convenience and microwaves and fast food. I also am not sure when hunger ( when you know a meal is coming) became alarming. My mom's answer when I used to complain I was hungry was "Good, you'll eat your dinner." Common sense here.

B: steel cut oats made with almond milk and a sprinkle of craisins and sliced almonds

L: leftover city-a little chicken, leftover tuna casserole and peas with an apple and smear of sun butter

D: zucchini, lasagna, 1/2 piece garlic bread

Calories at 1622. You may have noticed 1600 just seems to be about what I get every NoS/3 plate day no matter what I eat.

Checking in for the day!

I was sooooo tempted last night to snack around after the kids went to bed because I started getting hungry. That fear of hunger thing kicked in that Momma H was talking about. I brushed my teeth and went to bed instead. I knew that if I stayed up I would totally pig out.

B: 2 eggs, 1 sausage patty, 1 tortilla

L: 1/2 grilled cheese, 1 cup tomato soup

D: bacon carbonara (small portion 1/4 of plate), Cesar salad no croutons (1/2 plate), grapes (1/4 of plate)

I did pretty well yesterday. I did get in my morning workout and over 10,000 steps. I am finding, however, that the stretch between lunch and dinner is really long, and I get hungry nearly 3 hours before dinner. If I eat much more for lunch though, I am eating way too much for my 5ft. height, plus I am uncomfortably stuffed. 

Anyhow, here is yesterday:

Coffee with sugar and creamer

Breakfast - Peanut butter and pear butter on whole wheat sandwich thin, one whole pear

Lunch - Sandwich in a bowl (romaine, muenster, and ham with a little mayo), 10 grapes and 12 almonds

Dinner - Homemade chicken noodle soup with saltines

Some people put the food on the plate and then save some to have between lunch and dinner BUT I found that if you can stick with it as designed for a week or 10 days you adjust. Would a warm cup of tea or a glass of milk help?

That (the plate thing) might work, but I felt like I'd be cheating, because it would no longer be "no snacking," even though it was food I'd have been eating anyway. I might have to do that though, because I actually get "nervous hungry," like my blood sugar has dropped or something. Then I want to go and eat anything and everything in sight. (I haven't. I just want to, lol.) I don't think any drink would do the trick.

Checking in for the day!

I was sooooo tempted last night to snack around after the kids went to bed because I started getting hungry. That fear of hunger thing kicked in that Momma H was talking about. I brushed my teeth and went to bed instead. I knew that if I stayed up I would totally pig out.

B: 2 eggs, 1 sausage patty, 1 tortilla

L: 1/2 grilled cheese, 1 cup tomato soup

D: bacon carbonara (small portion 1/4 of plate), Cesar salad no croutons (1/2 plate), grapes (1/4 of plate)

Have you always eaten so little? I am impressed! I'm also wondering what you did with the other half of that grilled cheese sandwich.  :laugh:

Have you always eaten so little? I am impressed! I'm also wondering what you did with the other half of that grilled cheese sandwich.  :laugh:

LOL! Ugh. No. I wish I always ate so little.

I actually started back on Monday because when it's that time of the month, I lose my appetite for the first couple of days so I knew that I could cut back pretty drastically without becoming hangry (so hungry, I'm angry!). I feel so much better and have a tons more energy when I eat less like that, but I make sure that I'm using full fats in my cooking so that it's more filling. 

The other half of the grilled cheese went to my oldest. She had the same lunch, but with cookies for dessert.

Ok. Big sigh. I'm starting to think I won't be able to do this. I am fine for 4 hours, but anything over that, and I am a starving lunatic, lol. Will you all kick me out if I try 4 meals a day with no snacks or sweets or seconds? I am finding that the only way I can make it from lunch to dinner without going crazy is if I stuff myself to the point of being uncomfortable at lunch. I can't imagine that that could be a good thing.

I did get my morning workout and my step count in. I have been taking 2 walks a day, plus doing some Leslie Sansone style stuff in the house to get my steps. I am dreading the nasty weather when I can't walk outside. It is not just exercise, but sort of my meditation time as well.

Yesterday's food:

Coffee with sugar and creamer

B - Egg, sausage patty, ww sandwich thin with butter on one half and homemade pear butter on the other 

L - A huge whole pear, a big spoon of peanut butter, coffee with creamer and sugar

D - Homemade chili, cheddar cheese, saltines

Came to over 1600 calories, which is really a tad too much for me. I am hoping all the walking is taking care of the extra calories. 

I don't know, if I only ate what you had for lunch I'd be dying. Big eater here. Would having a salad about 3 or whenever you get hungry help? It could conceivably be considered the first course of dinner. More importantly, you can do anything you want. Arrange your meals in a way that works for you. For me part of the appeal of this is to ditch our weird thinking about food. There's nothing magical here. Essentially you're cutting out chances to eat concentrated, empty calories. It's just an easier metric than counting something else with the bonus of avoiding disordered eating. It's not a club to be " kicked out" of. Oh, two more things- is 1600 really too much? Really? Have you calculated your BMR? And AWESOME job on the walks and meditation! :hurray:  Focus on positive stuff and be kind to yourself.

I can't believe I've never heard of this diet until now but I'm going to give it a shot.  Seconds and snacking (after dinner, after the kids go to bed and I'm watching tv) are two things I know I need to give up.  I have trouble sticking to something for a long time but hopefully I can do it, but this sounds very reasonable. 

I don't know, if I only ate what you had for lunch I'd be dying. Big eater here. Would having a salad about 3 or whenever you get hungry help? It could conceivably be considered the first course of dinner. More importantly, you can do anything you want. Arrange your meals in a way that works for you. For me part of the appeal of this is to ditch our weird thinking about food. There's nothing magical here. Essentially you're cutting out chances to eat concentrated, empty calories. It's just an easier metric than counting something else with the bonus of avoiding disordered eating. It's not a club to be " kicked out" of. Oh, two more things- is 1600 really too much? Really? Have you calculated your BMR? And AWESOME job on the walks and meditation! :hurray:  Focus on positive stuff and be kind to yourself.

I think the reason I did that for lunch yesterday is because I knew I was gonna be hungry later, so was saving calories. But then, since I am quite legalistic and OCD, lol, I didn't have anything between lunch and dinner because it would "break the rules." 

I am only 5 feet tall, 120 pounds, and almost 49, so yeah, on most days, that would be too many calories for me. I don't think it is on days when I walk and exercise a lot, but truth is, I don't do that all the time, lol.

Thanks for reminding me of the real reasoning behind this method - to stop constantly thinking about food and being weird about it. I think I will do the essentially 4 meals (though the one will be a snack, I won't call it that because of the rules, lol) and focus on eating yummy nutrient dense foods during the week. That should keep my calorie count low enough too (unlike when I get so hungry I will eat anything and try too hard to make it low cal).

Yesterday was an S day and we celebrated my dd's birthday so

B- plain waffles topped with blueberries and sausage

L-some roast pork, a piece if spinach mushroom pizza and a granola bar

S -handful of almonds

D-piece breaded chicken strip, handful of fries

S-small piece of birthday cake

What amazing restraint! My youngest has a birthday coming up in a couple weeks, and my day will probably be a million calories, lol.

I had a horrible day yesterday. Was experimenting with having just a protein shake for breakfast. Ended up with nearly 1900 calories for the day. :-/

I did get in my strength training in the morning and over 10,000 steps though. So that is good anyway. 

Want to start next week with an afternoon non-snack, lol. 

Those of you who have been doing this for awhile and have been around the forums and such, what about nursing moms?  Are the rules any different?  Are you seeing posts of moms who are able to follow it and not starve? I have a 9 week old and always struggle with extreme hunger while nursing and usually gain weight.

What amazing restraint! My youngest has a birthday coming up in a couple weeks, and my day will probably be a million calories, lol.

I had a horrible day yesterday. Was experimenting with having just a protein shake for breakfast. Ended up with nearly 1900 calories for the day. :-/

I did get in my strength training in the morning and over 10,000 steps though. So that is good anyway.

Want to start next week with an afternoon non-snack, lol.

You did see the pizza , nuts and cake right? I enjoyed it AND this morning I had cream cheese Danish. I am planning a gyro sandwich foe dinner. Once a week won't hurt. That's the point.

You did see the pizza , nuts and cake right? I enjoyed it AND this morning I had cream cheese Danish. I am planning a gyro sandwich foe dinner. Once a week won't hurt. That's the point.

Lol. I saw "handful of almonds," "handful of fries," and "small piece of cake." That is restraint in my book! :-)

Those of you who have been doing this for awhile and have been around the forums and such, what about nursing moms?  Are the rules any different?  Are you seeing posts of moms who are able to follow it and not starve? I have a 9 week old and always struggle with extreme hunger while nursing and usually gain weight.

If you go to the actual NoS forums (linked on first page), there are a few pregnant/nursing moms there. 

I discovered NoS later in life, so can't speak from personal experience, but can give you some ideas.  The goal with NoS is to nip mindless eating in the bud and to keep ourselves from fooling ourselves about how much we are eating.   The goal is to establish liveable eating habits of moderation and enjoyment.

1.  Many of the nursing Moms still just eat 3 good meals a day, but up their liquid intact--these are usually those who've been at NoS for awhile and already have the habits down.

2.  Others have one or two proscribed snacks+extra drinks while nursing--the idea being these are very-mini-meals that are regularly scheduled as opposed to free-for-all-snacking-whenever-one-feels-like-it.  So, often they limit themselves to certain foods:  apple and PB, cheese and nuts, or whatever floats their boat to specific times of the day/nursing routine. 

Again, we want to be mindful and the truth is that nursing (I nursed five kiddoes) only requires a few hundred extra calories a day for most of us (especially if we have pregnancy weight to lose, though some don't lose that until they are done nursing...we are all different!).  A couple hundred calories is an apple with a spoon of pb.  Not much more....

To be honest, if I had a newborn, and I didn't already have NoS habits down, and felt starving as you state, I would work on setting up the minimum number of meals to feel nourished, in control, and healthy, whether that be 3, 4, or 5.  If you don't lose weight right now, that's ok.  You'll be establishing the habits of eating mindfully and can tweak that as the baby grows older to fewer meals.  Slow and steady wins the NoS race.

And congrats on the new baby! :hurray:

Those of you who have been doing this for awhile and have been around the forums and such, what about nursing moms? Are the rules any different? Are you seeing posts of moms who are able to follow it and not starve? I have a 9 week old and always struggle with extreme hunger while nursing and usually gain weight.

I totally agree with vmsurbat. It is very individual. I never had to eat more but my friend did. Experiment with what works for you. Maybe add a couple glasses of milk? Plan a snack or mini meal? Try it out and see. I think having a plan is the key to avoiding the " I'm exhausted and starved and I'm eating Oreos." spot we've all been in. I would think planning a couple hard boiled eggs or a yogurt or cheese and fruit and keeping to the same thing gets rid of the mindless aspect and if that gets " boring" or doesn't sound good" maybe it's exhaustion or stress and not hunger and a warm shower or a nap might fill the bill.

Here's a good article on musing and calories from a reputable site http://kellymom.com/nutrition/mothers-diet/mom-calories-fluids/

S day yesterday. Today is back to normal

Yesterday

B- 2 slices cheese Danish

L- bean soup, cheese stick, saltines

S- pumpkin loaf w/ cream cheese

D- dragon's milk stout, gyro sandwich, chips

S- hazelnut dark chocolate section

So far today ( I'll edit later)

B-mini bagel and cream cheese, coffee

L- pork roast, broccoli, salad,baby beets

D-bean soup, small slice baguette with a slice of turkey and 1/2 slice cheese, 9(yes I counted) tator tots- not a stellar dinner but dh is working so I humored my kids by allowing food we " never" have ie. Hot dogs and tater tots. I got bigger raves than any real, home cooked meal ever gets.

Thank you for the insight on nursing and no s. I do know that technically it doesnt require that many more calories but my reality is that I am actually hungry and if I try to ignore it I end getting very lightheaded etc. A few babies ago I did weight watchers and in three months only lost 4-5 lbs and I was starving and miserable Every. Single. Day. I gave up because I was so sick of forcing myself not to eat and feeling so awful. And I wasn't even losing.

I am attempting a lower carb/carb conscious/low glycemic food plan which does help me feel better especially not as hungry when I get enough protein and fat. But I find it hard while feeding a large family as many of our meals are carb based so I was wondering about something else.

I am pretty sure my issue is more complicated that calories in/out. I have some hormonal issues and possible thyroid issues as well. But I'm so tired of not being able to lose :( and thinking I just need to eat less. But I'm so hungry :(. I am a grazer though and I know that's bad. I might be able to take that baby step and get rid of that bad habit. If I eat two eggs with cheese for breakfast I am good for hours and don't feel hungry. If I eat a carb based breakfast I want to chew my own arm off within an hour even if the calories are similar.

Doesn't somehwere on the NoS plan/site it say that you pick the amount of meals you are going to eat? I haven't been on in awhile but I am pretty sure if you are a person that does better with 4-5 small meals a day that is OK as long as thats your plan and it works for you. If I eat 3 squares I overeat dinner or go to bed hungry because I need 4 smaller meals (also I have GERD and small meals keep the pain and acid away, if I eat a bigger meal I get sick)

When I first did NoS I also counted calories until I learned how much I could and couldnt eat. I only counted for about 2 weeks until I got the hang of it. I found I was under eating most of the time even when paying attention to portions. 

I think the thing about No-S is that it works for people who need a kickstart to help them eat better but that it's not going to work if you try to "cheat". You can easily have an enormous amount of food and call that one serving but that's not really the spirit of the plan. You can call your dog's birthday a special day or you can decide that Columbus Day warrants cupcakes.You can decide that not only is it ok to have sugar in your coffee (ok by the plan's website), it's ok to have a tall Mocha at Starbucks because technically that's just coffee too. 

It's a plan that is more about changing habits and staying within the spirit of the plan rather than staying within strict rules. I would say that doing four small meals or allowing yourself one small snack in the morning and afternoon while breastfeeding are easily within the spirit of the plan as long as you are being honest with yourself and not allowing that snack to become an excuse to eat unhealthy foods. I think somewhere on the website the author talks about how, yes he suggests no snacks including fruit but to be honest having an orange or apple in the afternoon probably isn't the root of your problem anyway. 

I did No-S years ago and liked it but then got pregnant and off track and then kind of forgot about it.  I'm thankful to this thread to reviving my memory. I've been working on losing weight and I so prefer this plan to others I've tried. I started back again last week and had a very successful week. :) 

Ok. Saturday and Sunday, I didn't really keep track. I know I did a lot of snacking on Saturday (things like chocolate rice cakes and chocolate squares), and a Mike's raspberry lemonade with corn chips, but really do not remember what else I ate. Didn't realize people would be reporting their S days. :-)

Yesterday, I had 2 sweetened and creamered ( I know, invented word) coffees, a hamburger on a bun with muenster cheese, tomato, lettuce, and mayo, and a few chips. For supper, I had a fourth of a container (whatever used to be half gallons but aren't anymore) of vanilla ice cream with homemade warm spiced pears. Oh, and a huge piece of homemade banana bread. 

Starting today, I plan to do 4 meals a day, trying to include more vegetables just because I really need to. Going to stop going so crazy on Saturdays and save Sundays for my true junk day (I have to have one in order to succeed during the week). 

Didn't realize we were supposed to report "S" days.   Well that is a little embarassing actually.   Made and ate about  a 1/4 of a pan of rice krispy treats this weekend.    :leaving:

Well, for the sake of honesty and full-disclosure, I guess we should!

My S day yesterday:  B:  granola, yogurt, banana, and black currant fruit sauce with a sprinkling of nuts.

L:  Grilled pork chop + grilled veggies (eggplant, 2 kinds of pepper),

tomato-cuke salad,

dinner roll with a bit of butter, (probably should have skipped this but it was homemade!)

baked potato (small) with some sour cream and chives. 

Plus apple crisp with whipped cream for dessert. 

Plus a glass of wine and some coffee.

(Sunday Lunch is always a feast lunch with guests at our house! Which is one reason why I love NoS!)

D:  Half a dinner roll with leftover veggies on top.  Really just a small bit so I wouldn't wake up

starving at 2am.

For comparison, today (Monday) which is an Nday:

B:  Small bit of leftover pasta topped with ratatouille and an egg.  4 oz. orange juice.

L:   Leftover Salsa Verde burrito, lettuce salad with cuke and carrot, l/o grilled veggies, mandarin orange.

D:  Bowl of Mushroom Barley Soup + dinner roll, 1/2 an apple.

(Lots of leftovers on Monday, and our main meal is always the mid-day meal--we live in Europe...

I've learned to eat veggies and/or fruit at every meal over the course

of the last six NoSing years.....)

And for the record:  I'm 5'2", mid-50s, hypothyroidic, and very average in my exercising (mainly walking).  TBH, I'm always amazed at how lovely my meals can be when I'm not snacking, snitching, tasting, licking my way through my day.   I once read (and now believe it) that the average extra bite is 25 calories.  Four extra bites (that heel of bread no one else wants, the last of the veggies so I don't have to put it away, the broken pretzels at the bottom of the bag) at every meal, plus a snack equals a meal's worth of calories in no time and with little to no satisfaction.  I've really come to love and embrace the No Snacking principle. :coolgleamA:

Was busy today, so I did well. Got in my morning strength training and over 10,000 steps.

B - Fried egg, turkey sausage patty, slice of tomato, half of a ww sandwich thin with butter

L - A bit of chicken breast cut up in basmati rice, cabbage stir fried in coconut oil with salt, pepper and onion powder (super yummy!)

S - A whole pear

D - WW spaghetti with meat sauce, slice of Italian bread with butter

Myfitnesspal says 1396 calories.  :)

Didn't have a chance to post yesterday's food.

B-kashi go lean crunch and almond milk

L-veg soup, 1/2 ham sandwich,hazelnuts

D-bacon jalapeĂƒÂ±o chicken breast, cheesy rice, beets, salad w/ ranch

I made it through the BS court of honor snack fest with a glass of tea. Victory right there.

Today so far

B-2 eggs w/ mushroom and avocado

L-1/2 ham& cheese, chicken sausage gumbo, pear

D- cube steak, broccoli, salad,Apple

It's co- op day and then I have conferences for my PS son. I haven't done those in 7 years. I'm a little freaked. Still coming to terms with his choice to go back I guess.

Didn't realize we were supposed to report "S" days. Well that is a little embarassing actually. Made and ate about a 1/4 of a pan of rice krispy treats this weekend. :leaving:

I only did so some new folks could get a feel for them. The stories I hear are people either go nuts or try too hard to not have any treats. Feel free to ignore me. I talk to myself all the time :)

Well, I definitely do better with that afternoon snack built in. I eat a whole lot fewer calories and am way more satisfied and not sitting here thinking about food and when I can eat next all day long.

Got in my short morning workout and over my step count today.

B - Peanut butter and jam on ww sandwich thin

L - Chicken breast and basmati rice with more of that yummy stir fried cabbage, half a sandwich thin with pear butter

S - Cut up apple with a bit of vanilla yogurt for dressing

D - Spaghetti with meat sauce and a bit of Italian cheese and one slice of buttered toast (same as yesterday), 3 grapes

I can't beleive I've never heard of this! I started on Friday and did most of the weekend with a couple little slip ups. This seems to be very easy for me so far. Today I had:

2 Cappuccinos - just espresso and milk

B - salmon patty on bread with Siracha mayo, a stuffed grape leave, and a handful of cut up bell peppers

L - spiced beef, serving for fries with hot ketchup and blue cheese, Apple

D - spicy sausage pasta, peas, slice of sourdough with butter

Cup of tea with honey

I also got 12,000 steps :)

Messed up a bit yesterday. I was extra hungry all day for some reason. Doesn't seem to matter what I eat either. Just happens randomly.

B - Coffee with cream and sugar, leftover chicken breast with rice and fried cabbage

L - "Sandwich in a bowl" consisting of romaine, 2 slices ham lunchmeat, 1 slice of muenster, and a bit of mayo; grapes with yogurt "dressing"

S - A pear; but then messed up and had to have a chocolate rice cake and a square of 85% chocolate

D - Pinto beans and sweet cornbread

Nearly 1600 calories according to MFP. 

I have been doing some things that I read about on those No-S message boards lately as well. I've been making a point to only eat at the table when I am home. No doing other things while I eat. Also, I've been paying attention to and enjoying my food, chewing it thoroughly. This makes it last longer, plus it is just more enjoyable. Too often in the past, I have eaten a whole meal while talking on the phone or reading on the computer, and it would be gone and I didn't even really notice or enjoy it. Food is as much for enjoyment as it is for physical nutrition.

I have managed to go all week with only eating my three meals a day...however they are not looking as healthy as some other peoples three meals.  Something I definitely need to work on.

Yesterday:

B: Harley Pasternak Breakfast smoothie (banana, apple, non-fat greek yogurt, five almonds, 1/2 cup skim milk and spinach)

L: Fried chicken, snap peas, and handful of pizza gold fish

D:  2-egg, ham and cheese omelet (with 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of Am cheese), 1 slice of French toast with butter and syrup

Also had a cup of tea around 4:00 as I was starvin marvin and wanted to eat the gummy bears I have in the cabinet.  I resisted though!

Today so far:

B;  Harley Pasternak Breakfast smoothie (banana, apple, non-fat greek yogurt, five almonds, 1/2 cup skim milk and spinach)

L:  Slice of WW bread with peanut butter, handful of snap peas and handful of bbq chips (about 10-12 snap peas and chips)

D - Plan to have left over chicken and green beans

I am really impressed with how many steps everyone is getting every day!   I need to include exercise as part of this plan.

I only did so some new folks could get a feel for them. The stories I hear are people either go nuts or try too hard to not have any treats. Feel free to ignore me. I talk to myself all the time :)

I think I fall into the "go nuts" category!  I'm hopeful that after I've been doing this for awhile that I won't feel like my S days are a free for all :)

No S on a crazy, never got home day. It followed the rules

B- Panera egg white, spinach and sausage on a bagel thin and coffee

L-Panda Express steamed veggies, mushroom chicken, water

D-Hardee's Turkey Burger ( no mayo), Texas toothpicks, water

Not perfect but according to tracker it still came in about 1600 calories and there were no S's.

I've never heard of this before today. I think I'll give it a try. I've never tried a marketed diet before, just the good old eat less, move more diet. I've got some baby weight to lose though, about 10-15lbs. I don't know if I'll get to posting what I eat every day though. My main downfall is the seconds. We rarely do sweets and my snacks are usually apples or something else innocuous. I'm nursing two babies at the moment so we'll see how well I do. My plates might be VERY full but I kind-of like the really full feeling. That's probably my biggest food downfall. I might also just stick to one plate full on weekends but allow sweets on those days if they come about. I'll see how the extra restriction goes and tweek it if necessary. Failing on an S-day isn't really failing after all.

I have to say, this is probably the easiest thing I've tried. My downfalls are usually mid-late afternoon snacking and my love of craft beer and wine. The website says drinking is fine, but I'm cutting back on that too. I was busy this morning so I skipped breakfast but I'm generally trying not to do that.

2 cappuccinos - milk and espresso only

L - grilled ham and cheese sandwich, tomato soup, and pineapple

D - slice of homemade bread with butter, pizza casserole

A couple glasses of wine

I've been doing my walking and doing ripped in 30 every other day.

Awesome - a no-s thread. I do no-s too and I love that I can eat normally but in a restrained way.

I was trying out another popular diet for awhile but I really didn't feel comfortable with the rules about what could be eaten with what; even to the point that some veges and fruit were restricted. I knew I needed to be eating more fruit for health and my ibs so I moved away from that diet. No-s makes so much sense to me and I'm learning to add fruit to my meal plate. If adding fruit to my plate means cutting down on something else not so desirable health-wise then that is a win.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, chicken sausage,and almond-meal pancake. Bullet-proof coffee.

Lunch: 2 pieces rye bread with butter and avocado, a few chips, 1/2 orange.

Dinner: haven't had it yet. Dd is in the kitchen cooking up some awesome smelling chicken dish.

Well, I would have done great yesterday, if I hadn't had a friend I haven't seen in a while visiting for the afternoon, and we just had to check out that new bakery around the corner and get two huge brownies to split.  :glare: Other than that...

B- Coffee with sugar and creamer; peanut butter and pear butter on ww sandwich thin; some baby carrots and grapes

L - Yesterday's sandwich in a bowl, but on half a Flatout light flatbread instead

S - Those 5 million calorie brownies

D - (Halfway) homemade chicken pot pie