Menu

Is quitting the right choice?

Just an update for everyone: we did decide to put my 3rd grader back in public school for now. She goes back on Monday morning. We are still going to homeschool our 6th grader for the time being, but I think it will be easier going with her because she's older and reading fluently. She has catching up to do with her math, but I feel like if we revamp it and stay structured, we will be more successful. 

I do feel like a bit of a failure. I know this is probably the best choice right now, but I still feel like homeschooling is the right choice for us as well. It makes it tough. Thanks for the support. 

Just an update for everyone: we did decide to put my 3rd grader back in public school for now. She goes back on Monday morning. We are still going to homeschool our 6th grader for the time being, but I think it will be easier going with her because she's older and reading fluently. She has catching up to do with her math, but I feel like if we revamp it and stay structured, we will be more successful. 

I do feel like a bit of a failure. I know this is probably the best choice right now, but I still feel like homeschooling is the right choice for us as well. It makes it tough. Thanks for the support. 

Good luck OP!  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

You are not a failure at all!  I really believe that the decision to homeschool is something to be re-evaluated sometimes to see if it's still a good fit.  You're obviously someone who cares a lot about your kids and their education.  Good Luck with everything!