Menu

How Can I become a Medical Administrative Assistant

Guest Betty Jones

You can try apply for jobs at doctors offices. Sometimes they are willing to do in house training. This could be anything from a receptionist to a typist. You can even try filling clerk and then work you way up to perhaps later accounts.

In my young days it is what I did. They even trained me to do ECG's and various other testing on patients.

Guest Betty Jones

You can try apply for jobs at doctors offices. Sometimes they are willing to do in house training. This could be anything from a receptionist to a typist. You can even try filling clerk and then work you way up to perhaps later accounts.

In my young days it is what I did. They even trained me to do ECG's and various other testing on patients.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Can you tell me some platform where I can see such job vacancies? I prefer to apply online; will send them my CV if it's okay for them, they will call me for an interview.

I would guess that with the economy so difficult as it is, your efforts should be toward standing out among a pool of applicants. Check your local community colleges for the necessary training coursework and prepare for this job goal. That you hold a college degree already benefits you. Now add the specialized training required. My belief is that on-the-job training for this type of work may be obsolete. You will not receive the most useful answers from a general education message board as compared with calling several doctors' offices for their recommendations, along with consulting reputable training departments. Read the pertinent sections of the federal publication, the Occupational Outlook Handbook. This effort on your part will pay off and also will energize your intent to reach your stated goal. I am trying to offer helpful suggestions. The more personal initiative you demonstrate, rather than passivity, the more attractive you will appear as a job candidate. Best wishes!