Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

An extremely busy day.

I am emptying out completely what was DH and my dressing room and turning it into a bedroom.

DH is constructing shelving in DD14 bedroom so her room will be tidier as I shifted my large stockpile of sewing supplies into her closet

The bees swarmed and we had to catch the swarm. This involved DH climbing up a tree in his bee suit to saw down a branch while I stood underneath holding up a bee box as high as I could to catch the swarm as it fell. Bee suits are not designed for tree climbing.

DS10 and myself are making 2 scrappy quilts . We need to get them finished in 9 days, and only just started today.

Spring cleaning the whole house frantically.

'Cause we have had the MOST Exciting news.... and have only 9 days to prepare

End of September already :eek:

--school w dd (chem, math, history)

--exercise

--house things; Tuesday-specific chores

--history rubric changes

--read book on weight lifting for women

--some homework

--daily emails in the late afternoon

--get shrimp for the paella

--dd ballet 5:30-7:30

Have a great day :)

Good Morning....

I overslept and my day is off to a not so pleasant start.  :cool:   I detest oversleeping!

School

Skype with babies in SC 

Quick clean house 

Finish menu/list for Costco

Tomorrow I'm taking the day off...I'll be back Wednesday.  I need a day of fun with my kids.

Good morning

- dishes- done

- tidy house- round 1 done

- work on dmil lapghan- in progress

- continue looking at sewing projects for Christmas and making the to buy list for that- just have to make the to buy list and make a new pintrest board specifically for my Christmas projects(dd1 helped me pick stuff for dd2 last night so those pins are all over the place)- fixed the boards still no list though, might decide to find some more

- get dd1 off bus- done

- soccer practice- canceled

- dinner- dh is making potato soup

- baths

- bedtime routine

Good morning! I picked dd1 up from practice and had a quick powwow with her coach. The dishwasher repair guy is here!  :party:

It's like Christmas.

Not too much is going on today. We have to get a package ready for ds1 and I have a few odds and ends to do with home and life administration. School is proceeding apace with math tests. I wonder how many times in the last 12 years I have given, the "you must show your work" speech. Maybe this morning was the last one. One must live in hope.

to do:

laundry

read paper

school for dd2 and ds3

oversee teens

work in study

general clean up

oversee chores

quick meeting with ds2

read a little/get new project going

PM practice

judo pickup

Have a great day, everyone!

-ds: math, read to me, read to self, spelling, phonics, handwriting, stretching, grammar if he wants

-dd: phonics game, math game, read to me, work in letters

-nephew: math, read to me, read to self, spelling, grammar, oral comprehension exercise, stretching

-get dinner in crock pot by 1

-quick clean upstairs

-clean downstairs

-put laundry away

-kids to kung fu

Good Morning....

I overslept and my day is off to a not so pleasant start.  :cool:   I detest oversleeping!

School

Skype with babies in SC 

Quick clean house 

Finish menu/list for Costco

Tomorrow I'm taking the day off...I'll be back Wednesday.  I need a day of fun with my kids.

Okay....changed my attitude and got it done so to speak.   ;)

My part of school is done...algebra and geometry lessons, he has online class at 1:15.

I quick tidied the house while he was doing his problems, so that's done all except vacuuming. 

Had a quick Skype date with all the grands and that was fun. :D

Sophia and I will finish up my list and I'm babysitting for dd as she has a physical for her new job.  Also today is her 27th Birthday.  

:party:

Good afternoon! I didn't have time to make it on this morning because it was off to book club bright and early.

Here is what I got to do today on this thread

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

breakfast for ds and I

packed up snacks for book club

packed stuff in van

went to book club 

dd did school and a couple of chores while we were gone

To Do:

Tutor 1 hour

Dinner

Take dd to actor's guild meeting

clean the office

So I cleared the dining room table and walked into the kitchen and saw the rice cooker was empty. Which reminded me that I needed to make more rice. Which reminded me that I needed chicken to go with the rice. Which reminded me that we were out of chicken. So I took Rocky and we went to the grocery store. And I bought chicken. . . and almond milk (because I remembered that we were out of that too) and uncooked tortillas and cream cheese (because my tween inhales it) and kombucha (because they finally had my favorite flavor) and rice krispies because they were out of millet puffs (don't ask) and cheese and cream cheese California rolls (because that is my latest obsession). Whew! And then I went through Jerry's line because Jerry was my neighbor for ten years. When he asked me how I was, I said "fine" and he looked at me for a moment and said "Um hmm. If you say so." So I don't think I pulled the wool over his eyes! Going out of the grocery store I saw a woman with a German Shepherd who had the same kind of gentle leader that Rocky uses. So we had a nice chat about how well they work on potentially out-of-control dogs. :) Rocky and I pulled up in our drive way and my son came out to help take in the groceries (Good boy!). I got the chicken into the oven with the Rice Krispies (oven fried chicken). Then I finally got around to emptying the dishwasher and filling it with the dirty things so that I had room in the sink to wash the rice cooker pan. Then I got the rice in the rice cooker. So. . . goal met! Oh and somewhere in there I checked in with the kids and their schoolwork. Ds finished his online physics videos and moved on to Algebra 2. I read over and corrected dd's writing, vocabulary and grammar. And I won an argument on when to use "to" and when to use "too". 

And now it is noon and time to eat my cream cheese California rolls. Life might hurt but it is still fairly good. 

I sewed most of the morning and did everything I can do without trying the dress on my dd.  We'll fit it tonight.  I didn't need to call my mom after all!

Laundry done, folded, put away

Made it to Safeway and fixed dinner

Went running with dd - she is so fun!

And I have a crochet hook and my fish hat all ready for football - I finished the knitting and just need to weave in all the ends.  It is so cute!

See you tomorrow!

A great day ahead!

to do:

2 loads of laundry

sew

sew some more

call my mom to ask her a sewing question

go to safeway for sour cream and cheddar

nachos for dinner

make sure I have yarn and needles for football practice

run

Jean, that almost sounds like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...sub in, If You Go to the Store to Buy Cream Cheese...

Hives still going.  Just found out the air conditioner is definitely broken, as in, replace it.  $$$  It's going to be in the 100s here the next few days.   :cursing:

Dd finished all of her work and we're off to tutoring.  Have a great evening, everyone!

Aside from eating some chocolate, the only tasks I have left for today are making dinner (heating up soup and bread) and writing/sending out rehearsal notes. It's one of my least favorite tasks, particularly because when I get home on Tuesdays I'm exhausted and brain dead except for the part of my brain that is pounding on my skull to get out. Need more coffee.

Jean, so will the book title be, "If you give Jean a table to clear"?

Jean, that almost sounds like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...sub in, If You Go to the Store to Buy Cream Cheese...

Hives still going.  Just found out the air conditioner is definitely broken, as in, replace it.  $$$  It's going to be in the 100s here the next few days.   :cursing:

Dd finished all of her work and we're off to tutoring.  Have a great evening, everyone!

Just jump ahead and give Jean the cookie!  And yes, that was in my head when I started to write down what happened.  Because that is my life.  

OK - since I last posted:

lunch done

Tried to work with ds on Latin.  He started to melt down.  I talked to him.  Dh talked to him.  I banned him from my sight until I calmed down (ds, not dh) and was ready to teach him.  I spent an hour doing his Latin before giving him a crack at it so that I would actually know what I was talking about.  This wasn't so easy since I learned Greek, not Latin.  But it was possible because I learned Greek and there are some similarities and the book has some really nice charts.  Called him back and showed him how to do it.  Started to get upset again when he told me that I do it the dull boring way.  I told him that at least I'm not guessing and get it right. . . .    Made him do the next one on his own.  Helped him out with my dull boring way when he immediately got stuck.  He did the next couple of his own.  We tabled the rest until tomorrow.  My plan.  Do the rest of it and the next exercise ahead of him so that I know what I'm talking about before tomorrow gets here.  Was I planning on learning Latin?  Um. . . . I guess so.  And I guess there is no place like Latin 3 to jump into learning it!   :lol:

Somewhere in there dh went to work.  And dd started to melt down about math but I told her to go outside with my cell and play and I would call her when I was ready.  Did so.  Did math with her while tears rolled down her cheeks.  She did fine.  She just psyches herself out.