Menu

Fill in the blank: I am not ready for...

blondeviolin

I'm not ready for winter. Some of my kids still have summer stuff in their drawers. I need to buy a good coat. And more layers. And good snow boats for kids are EXPENSIVE. And I have to buy 4 pairs!

Have I mentioned I don't like being cold and wet? I think I will be a hermit for the next six months.

For my husband to come home. I really WANT him here, but I am afraid there is no way for me to get the house and the kids and myself presentable before he arrives. I have gained 20 pounds (pregnant), the movers dropped off the boxes, and they are a mess, and the kids have not made as much progress on school as I wanted. I just want him to come home happy and proud of us, but I am not sure that will happen.

the heating season.  We are broke and have only 1/8 tank (~35 gallons) of oil in the tank and 4 bags of wood pellets.  I'm not ready.

A few years ago we couldn't afford to get the oil tank filled completely each time, so we had it half filled when we could afford it. When we sold the house and moved far away, the new owners filled the tank and it had rusted above where it was empty all that time. They had a bit of an oil spill in the basement.

I hope you can find a way to get oil.

I'm not ready for winter. Some of my kids still have summer stuff in their drawers. I need to buy a good coat. And more layers. And good snow boats for kids are EXPENSIVE. And I have to buy 4 pairs!

Have I mentioned I don't like being cold and wet? I think I will be a hermit for the next six months.

I cannot imagine what kind of expenses you are dealing with  :ohmy: - are snow boats the ones with the icebreaker equipment in the front?

For my husband to come home. I really WANT him here, but I am afraid there is no way for me to get the house and the kids and myself presentable before he arrives. I have gained 20 pounds (pregnant), the movers dropped off the boxes, and they are a mess, and the kids have not made as much progress on school as I wanted. I just want him to come home happy and proud of us, but I am not sure that will happen.

He should be proud of you hatching a new human - it's not something he can accomplish!

Winter and all that it entails... Snow, cold weather gear for the girls and I (I'm in desperate need of a new coat), the cold, illnesses, higher gas bill for the house and vehicles (to warm them and because I refuse to stand with dd2 in the cold waiting for dd1's bus), snow and ice storms that cause power outages and the potential for tree limbs to fall on my house, icy roads, putting a coat on the dog so he can go to the bathroom, shoveling snow, cleaning snow and ice off my car.....

A few years ago we couldn't afford to get the oil tank filled completely each time, so we had it half filled when we could afford it. When we sold the house and moved far away, the new owners filled the tank and it had rusted above where it was empty all that time. They had a bit of an oil spill in the basement.

I hope you can find a way to get oil.

Yeah, apparently there's some additive you can put in the oil to absorb the water in the tank so that won't happen.  We just had a new tank put in about 5 years ago, so I'm more worried about the onset of cold weather than the rusting oil tank right now.

I'm not ready for Tuesday.

I tossed and turned last night, and finally got up rather than wake my bedmate.

But now I'm getting drowsy again. I have to officially be up in 45 minutes. Yuck.

It's going to be one of those hook-me-up-directly-to-the-coffee-pot days.

And a good day to see if I can bring back the afternoon siesta.

Not ready for winter either.  I just negotiated a prospective and retrospective discount on both electricity and gas, however, so we should be £700 ($1,000) better off over the year.  That inner glow of success will carry me through a bit.  

Last winter was very mild, and we paid for it with rampant slugs and midges this summer.  I want a winter just hard enough to kill the pests and give lovely frosty mornings, but not bad enough to mess up my commute.  Not much to ask for....

L

...to start over. Even though I know that leaving Malaysia is the right choice, the idea of all that has to be done... Find new jobs, find a new home, sell everything we own here, pack up the rest, move it across the world, sell our vehicles, buy new vehicles there, buy everything we need for a new home from scratch, figure out schooling options... And on and on...

I'm not ready.

I'm not ready to dance this week. I need another minute of choreography for tonight's and Thursday's classes and my creativity has abandoned me. I missed last Friday, so I'll be lost in the class that I take when I return this week. I have a rehearsal Wednesday and a show on Sunday and I'm on the verge of catching a cold. I'm just NOT feeling any of this right now. I just want to sleep.

Winter. Gotta dig out winter clothes for the little boys, get some pants for my oldest son, find some pants that fit me. . . At least DH has a couple of big loads of firewood, so whenever it gets too cold in here during the day, we will be okay for a while. (We expect to be turning on the electric heat upstairs at night in the next month or so, but in the meantime, the mild summer and warm fall are huge blessings to my electric bill, since we also haven't needed the AC units much.)

Teenage boys. Feeding them, specifically. My oldest isn't ten yet, and it met a woman in Aldi a few weeks ago who said she was feeding two teenage boys. She told me how much she's spending per month, and it's 50% more than I'm paying now, and I'll be feeding more teenage boys than that for a long time! God will provide.

I'm also not ready for my babies to grow up. Not ready not to have my children all tucked under my roof at night, not ready not to see their happy faces every morning. Not ready to be done with snuggly preschoolers and chubby babies and footie sleepers and adorable mispronunciations. I'd have a hundred babies if I could.

The Netherlands. :crying:

Thanks for the hugs!

Was their decision permanent or is there still hope?  If the latter, how long until they decide?

Otherwise...

Right now I really want to head off to find Never Never Land and fight pirates.  Instead I have to wander into the great upstairs and sort laundry (sigh).  I don't recall anyone having to do laundry in Never Never Land...  One never gets old AND doesn't have to do laundry.  What more could we ask for?  (I'm sure they have a chocolate stash somewhere.)

I am not ready for another c section but the reality is I will likely end up with another. Even though I still have 19 weeks to mentally prepare for it I know I still won't be ready for it when it comes.

I know how you feel. I have decided to put off the c-sect as long as possible and if I go in to labor before then, wait as long as possible to go in. 

I know how you feel. I have decided to put off the c-sect as long as possible and if I go in to labor before then, wait as long as possible to go in.

Well it would appear that even when in wait as long as possible to go in I still end up with one. I labored for 72 hours at home with my youngest. 50 of those hours were contractions so ridiculously painful but never getting closer than 5 minutes apart. After 50 hours of no sleep and butt loads of pain I went to the hospital for the csection. When they checked me at the hospital I was only 4 cm. I've never been more than 4 cm!

For me it's not even that the recovery is hard. I have recovered extremely well. It's that with my second they numbed me too high up my spine so I couldn't breath on my own, open my eyes, or move at all but I was still conscious. It was the scariest thing I've ever been through and fear of that happening again drags me down my entire pregnancy. I had a panic attack on the OR table with my last one and only calmed down once they promised to knock me out at the first sign of that happening again.

This time around, as long as they schedule the csection at 40 weeks I'll be OK with it because my kids have been under 7 pounds at 40 weeks so I'm not risking them being too small if delivered at 38 weeks like they want.

I just bought snow boots for three of mine. Aach! The older two have outgrown my size. DS wore my snow boots last year and DD is just now outgrowing my sneakers so she can't wear mine this year. Sorry kids, black is your only option. These boots are getting handed down.

Snow and ice. We live on a hill, a very, very, very steep hill. We're half way up with a just as steep driveway. At the the bottom of our hill/street is a river. Two winters ago I prayed as I gripped the steering wheel while my mom, my 4 children and I slipped on the ice, down my hill, down the ravine, getting caught on a tree branch three feet from the river. I don't leave my house if it's icy. I buy groceries so that if I'm not comfortable leaving (and hubby's out of town) we can still eat. I'm like a winter hermit. But, no, I'm not ready for that.