Menu

Florida Special Needs Scholarships - some still available! (private and homeschooled students)

TraceyS/FL

http://www.stepupforstudents.org/special-needs-scholarship/plsa

Step Up For Students says on their Facebook page:

Step Up by the Numbers. As of today, 1,016 students have been awarded the PLSA or special needs scholarship, 68,770 students are enrolled in schools on the income-based scholarship and our contact center has been rocking the phones, handling 685 calls last week and making 263 outbound calls in response to parent/guardian emails and voicemails. Well done, everyone!

That means there are still scholarships available since the PLSA is funded for approximately 1800 students.

We know NOTHING really yet about funding and how it will be handled - they are writing the handbook now. We do know that private tutoring outside of the scope of using it for homeschooling will be excluded at the moment. The curriculum section was sitting at 7 pages for someone that got an answer on that end. 

If you have been awarded and are interested in a FB group to talk about the good AND bad, send me a PM and I can point you in the right direction. 

Scholarships are limited to very specific kids at the moment, and I would suggest applying with a diagnosis over and IEP at the moment.

Is your child eligible? This scholarship is for Florida students in kindergarten through 12th grade with one of the following disabilities: autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, Spina bifida, Williams syndrome or Intellectual Disability (severe cognitive impairment). Also, kindergarten students deemed "high risk" because of developmental delays may be eligible. Click here to read the statutory definitions.