Menu

Key Curriculum and how do we review?

Sounds great.  Actually, that is what I am doing for me.  I rotate through, doing all of one level then all of the next level, sometimes even rotating individual lessons if it looks like it will help me reinforce what I am doing.  I found I had forgotten or was rusty at fractions/decimals/etc.

FWIW, my own kids forget quickly if there isn't at least a little review frequently.  5 weeks would be too long for them.  I am finding it is a bit too long for me, as well.  What I started doing was adopting the Math on the Level plan.  Every weekend I write out on notebook paper 5 review problems for every day of the week.  Each of those 5 problems reviews a different already learned concept so you are only reviewing 5 problems each day but by the end of the week you have reviewed 25 concepts/skills.  It keeps things fresh without overwhelming drill and kill.  You could easily cut that down to 2-3 review problems each day.  Just copy them out of the book (s) he has previously completed, maybe changing the numbers if you feel the need.