Menu

elementary math explanation videos on Youtube?

genny

I was wondering if anyone on here has found any good youtube videos that explain elementary math topics to kids.  I know there is the khan academy one's for singapore 3.  Any others that go over topics like area, perimeter, addition with regrouping, fractions etc...?

TIA!

My dd absolutely loved the randomness of the Mathtacular elementary math DVDs. We didn't do them as a program, just watched 'for fun,' but they do a pretty good job in a very off-beat way.

I know her first exposure to area and perimeter was with Justin building a treehouse in one of the videos:)

I just had a quick look and many of the Mathtacular shorts are available on YouTube, including the perimeter and area clips.

There's a  British series called "Maths Mansion" that is geared elementary, but more for upper level 4-5th grade.  Third graders might like some of them, but the concepts get tough quickly.  The only problem is the show title doesn't really tell you what the topic is most times.  I think you can google the title and they have a wiki or something that lists all the topics and their episode.  They're pretty short videos too.  There's a fairy tale show called "Mathica's Math Shop" that for earlier elementary.  I don't think many of those are on youtube, but there may be a few.