Menu

Dr. Hive -weird feeling in my right arm, leg, face....

FriedClams

Ok. This is weird. Over Christmas i had a word feeling in my right arm, leg, and side of my face. Not numb, but weird. Nor ER, but needed to be checked... Went to my nurse practitioner. All blood work fine. BP was high, but not shocking. She ruled it stress. Take your vitamins, monitor BP.... lasted a week or 10 days and it was gone.

Happens one day in June. Then it's gone.

And now it's back. I do have stress, as do all 44 year old moms with aging parents, teens, friends in distress. I'm overweight, but walk a lot and eat OK. It was improving, but not disappearing. I thought it was mostly gone on Friday, but it came back. Now I have a sharp pain in my right arm muscle - halfway to elbow on the soft inside on my bicep. Muscle issue might be from volleyball.... BP all week (since it started) has been 85-89/120-125....seems fine. I don't want to panic, but....

I don't want to cry wolf, but I also don't want to be irresponsible. I'm thinking I'll see my NP this week, but not sure what direction to push. MRI? More blood tests? Stress?

Hmmm...I would definitely get and MRI. Please don't worry, because it is probably nothing, but it really could be so better safe than sorry.

My dh had those symptoms, and he ended up being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis after an MRI. Just to be on the safe side get more testings. What worries me about your post is that it is all on one side, which is what my dh had as well. It also came and went as you described.

It could be stress, and pinched nerve, a number of things! I would take it seriously though, and get extra tests to rule out things.