Menu

How are you guys liking Elements of Mathematics?

Scuff

How's everyone liking this, now that we're a few weeks into the year? I'm a bit nervous doing a math on the computer that I have no idea what he's learning, how to help, or anything. Was feeling a little better when I got his progress report Monday and it showed him doing quite well. But, then he needed help Thursday and I was completely clueless! I showed him the help forum. But, I was pretty good at math, I didn't expect to not be able to help him so soon! Math has always come easy for him and he liked it until I switched to R&S in 2nd grade and killed it for him. I'd like to reignite that spark, otherwise I wouldn't even consider this. He likes it more than anything else we've done. 

• 2 weeks later...

We signed up and my DD is using it as supplemental "fun math." So far, she's really enjoyed it and has had no difficulty. She's only about halfway through the first class, though, so we'll see what happens when she gets to more difficult material. I'm happy, though, because it is working nicely as a reward.

Thanks!

It's not so much "boring" math this year.  It's more "holycowthismakesmehaftathinkandidontwannanononono!!!" math (we're doing AoPS-at her request-a last minute shift from Foerster's.)  A new paradigm!  :ohmy:

We're pretty much taking it one day at a time and we'll see how it goes.  She's a bright little monkey, but she's not way advanced like most of the posters' kids on this board.  I only ventured in here because of the topic of your post.  I would really appreciate updates on how your DS does with Elements of Mathematics-you could be my advance team! :001_smile: