Menu

Would Essentials in Writing level 3 free up my time?

Flowergirl159

I am currently using FLL2 and WWE1 with DD7. We have enjoyed it so far. Needing to free up my time and wondering if EIW level 3 would help. I know that it would cover grammar and writing. She has expressed interest in learning to write real stories, even though she still enjoys FLL and WWE. Would choosing EIW be a good thing for us? I will most likely begin EIW in January when our new year begins, she will be going into grade 3, and about to turn 8.

I haven't looked at the younger levels, but does it cover story writing? The older levels don't; they cover sentence, paragraph, several types of essays, and research writing. You might want to check out what kind of writing it covers to see if it's a match for your dd.

My kids didn't write much independently at age 8, so it wouldn't have freed up my time, but if she writes a lot, it would. I generally watch the dvd with my student, and they go write. We've used levels 7-10 and really like it--I'm just not sure whether it's what you are looking for.

It frees up your planning time....just do the next thing. I've always watched the DVD with my kids so I know how to answer their questions. Some of the worksheets are easy enough....some need further explanation if your kid didn't understand the DVD.

In the much older grades...yes. But in 3rd...not here it wouldn't. you kid would have to be an independent learner...depends if yours is or not.