Menu

Did I mention my dd got her DL this week?

OnTheBrink

Naturally, it was an ordeal, because it involved her dad. He was supposed to take care of the driving situation--this was his portion of her education that he offered to take on. Well, the summer went by and he never got her to the driver's service office to get her license. Her new job started Tuesday and she needed to be able to get there, so, I ended up taking her Monday.

She was going to take her exam in the car she'll be driving, which is her dad's car. Of course, it was pouring rain that day, but we had no other options. So, I drove over to her father's office, picked up his car, drove to the driver's exam place. Went in, did the paperwork and waited. The examiner called her out and they went out to the car--only to find the right front blinker didn't work! They wouldn't let her test. 

I texted her dad, who seemed to KNOW the blinker didn't work but didn't bother to let me know this. The examiner said if we made it back before 4:00, she could still take the exam. So, we rush back to her dad's office, picked up my car, let dd drive around a bit in it to get accustomed to the brakes and acceleration, and went back to the driver's services place. 

And, she passed! In the rain, in a car she hates driving! I'm so proud of her!

:auto:  :auto:  :auto:  :auto:  :auto:  :auto:  :auto: