Menu

Language Arts for an advanced 5th grader

vontinney

Hoping y'all can give me some advice.  DD (is 10) is in 5th...we used BJU English 4 last year and she really got very little out of it.  I have BJU English 5 and we started school and it's waaay too easy for her.  I was thinking of skipping to 7th because when I looked at 6th it also looked to be too easy.  I'm wondering if there's anything crucial that she will miss by skipping the 6th grade book? 

What would you do? 

What are you looking for in a language arts programme?  I used the Galore Park English programmes with both my bright sons.  For someone aged 10-11, So You Really Want to Learn English Book 1 would be appropriate: it tends to run ahead of standard programmes.  There are samples on the Galore Park website (I can't get in at the moment to give you a link), and you can buy it in the US from horriblebooks.com, or with free shipping from bookdepository.co.uk.

L

you can buy it in the US from horriblebooks.com, or with free shipping from bookdepository.co.uk.

Just wanted to mention: Horrible Books has free shipping (at least within the US) and Book Depository no longer keeps up the .co.uk address; everything is at bookdepository.com now (although it will redirect).