Menu

WWYD - Hands-On Equations

Would you erase and re-use worksheets or purchase new ones, if their use was probably extremely limited?

Lame question. I bought Hands-On Equations maybe 4? years ago. At the time, the worksheets were not reproducible. I still have regrets that I didn't purchase a second set, or just copy the ones I needed anyway. We only used the first three lessons at that time. Fast forward to today. My kids have not started public school yet (teachers' strike), and I thought I would pull this program out for a little light work before they actually do start public school for the first time. I see that currently if you purchase the Home Set the worksheets *are* reproducible for immediate family members.

I've erased the three used worksheets but you can still see pencil marks. I could just spend $15 and buy new ones, even though we likely won't get through them all. My frugal side and my anal side are in an all-out dispute :001_rolleyes:  and I can't decide whether it is more important to try to appeal to my dd, who struggles with math, or whether it is more important to not fritter money away on something that likely will not see much use.  :willy_nilly:

Not earth-shattering, I know.

Could you copy them lightly so the erasure marks don't show?

That totally worked! My son had pressed so hard with his pencil, that even with erasing and correction tape, my daughter could make out the answers if she tried. The copying worked so well - why didn't I think of that? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iamjust10

Would you erase and re-use worksheets or purchase new ones, if their use was probably extremely limited?

Lame question. I bought Hands-On Equations maybe 4? years ago. At the time, the worksheets were not reproducible. I still have regrets that I didn't purchase a second set, or just copy the ones I needed anyway. We only used the first three lessons at that time. Fast forward to today. My kids have not started public school yet (teachers' strike), and I thought I would pull this program out for a little light work before they actually do start public school for the first time. I see that currently if you purchase the Home Set the worksheets *are* reproducible for immediate family members.

I've erased the three used worksheets but you can still see pencil marks. I could just spend $15 and buy new ones, even though we likely won't get through them all. My frugal side and my anal side are in an all-out dispute :001_rolleyes:  and I can't decide whether it is more important to try to appeal to my dd, who struggles with math, or whether it is more important to not fritter money away on something that likely will not see much use.  :willy_nilly:

Not earth-shattering, I know.

For me, I'll purchase new ones. With those worksheets, you'll be able to monitor the progress of your child.