Menu

Book a Week in 2014 - BW38

Robin M

Ha! At your own risk. ;-)

My list is based on whatever my library actually carries on the subjects I'm interested in. I wish they had more to choose from.

This is why I have an account at 4 library systems. Even so there are still some books not available and I have to purchase. Which means they are on my tbr list forever cause I never get around to actually buying them. Unfortunately, food is more important. 

Finished Why Students Don't Like School and really enjoyed it. Gave me new insights about things in which I was misinformed. Very glad I read the book.

So I looked on Goodreads. I've read 40 books so far our of which 26 are non-fiction and 14 fiction. I always have a slant towards non-fiction if I don't force myself to pick up a fiction every now and then.

I have a fiction book waiting on my shelf. It's historical fiction about the Salem Witch Hunt. I decided I needed to read a non-fiction book about the witch hunt first to prepare myself for the fiction novel. Yes, I'm that much of a nerd. I read non-fiction to prepare for fiction. I'm sure you guys here understand.   

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't read David Eddings, then that is what you should read!!!  Start with either Pawn of Prophecy (from The Belgariad) or The Diamond Throne (from The Elenium).  I promise you won't regret it.  If you haven't read them, go get a copy now  :D

As for Wheel of Time,  book 9 is the worst book in the whole series!  Push through that one and then it gets much better.  I read all of them last year! 

I will check those out.  I think The Belgariad is on my list to read, but I forgot about it!  Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one.  It's taken me 1.5 years or more to finish it, including starting from the beginning twice.  Blah.  I just am not feeling it with this book.

My tiny wimpy library had NONE of the recommended books and they don't do ebooks through the library system here.  So I did see Sanderson's Steelheart and picked it up.  That's one of like 2 he's written that I haven't read, so it was lucky.