Menu

Do I need the TM for Holt Physical Science?

Yes you can get the cdrom used. I bought the Holt Earth Science student text, teacher text, and the chapter resources cdrom separately used on amazon. The teacher guide had some helpful scheduling things, the answers to the end of section review questions, answers for the map exercises, and answers to the labs. It wasn't that expensive when i bought it, and i was glad to have it for the answers :)

Is this the cd-rom?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holt-Physical-Science-student-edition-on-CD-rom-NEW-/140586376436?pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item20bb99dcf4

And do the materials have to have the same copyright to be compatible? I'm looking at a cheap copy of a 2001 text....would the cd-rom work with it or should I find a more current text? Thanks!!!

Possibly.  There are several different covers out there that all have the same CD inside… (it's very annoying)

The thing to remember is not so much jiving the publication dates, but making sure you get the middle school resources CD for the middle school text OR the high school resources CD for the high school text.   

Middle school is "Holt Science and Technology."

High school is "Holt Science Spectrum"

Middle school will be for 6-8th.  

High school will be for 8th-9th.  

OK, thank you. I think I want the middle school text... that's the one I've been searching for anyway. I have noticed that some of the texts/resources say Spectrum but didn't realize that meant they were high school. I was avoiding them anyway because I figured they were different somehow though. :)

Does the CDROM have answers to questions, tests, etc, BTW?

I had no idea this would be so difficult! :/

*Just noticed that the CD I posted above is Science Spectrum..... Guess I'll keep looking!

Well I think I found it but not as cheap as I hoped ($36). The description says...."Holt Science & Technology: Chapter Resources CD-ROM Physical Science Audio CD – Audiobook, January 1, 2007".

BTW, can you, or anyone, tell me if the experiments are doable at home?

I already have Apologia so if I don't get this figured out soon I'll just use that lol!