Menu

If you use CLE LA

JessReplanted

Yes. It's even a bit advanced. The 200's CLE's walks the student through writing a book report, introduces diagramming and teaches cursive just to name a few things. Don't let the simplicity fool you into thinking it's easy. My only complaint is that they say "action word" instead of verb and "describing word" instead of adjective. I just cross that part off and write the correct term.

I think it's a little above grade level. I was surprised when I switched ds to it that we had to back up a grade level to cover some things he's never had before. He usually scored in the top 1% of the language arts area of standardized tests, so I would say CLE is definitely challenging. 

Here is the diagnostic tests page. You can actually print the whole test from the sample. 

Here is the scope and sequence page. Look at all which is covered in the grade levels, and I think you'll see it is good for the level.

I think Grade 2 may look easy because it's so phonics heavy. I'd say overall it's on grade level or a little above. We've used grades 2-8.

If you decide to use their reading-don't let the reading level of the reader book deceive you. The workbook is much more challenging than the reader level. CLE reading rocks.