Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with Me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good Morning and Happy Labor Day!

Today:

• vacuum, dust and mop the entire house
  • clean x 4 bathrooms
  • laundry--sheets, towels --clothing-- light and dark load, iron and put everything away
  • vacuum garage
  • make sure the yard is clean 
  • deep clean the kitchen and organize the pantry
  • make menu for this week
  • cook a yummy dinner for tonight

Have a lovely day!

Today is dh's birthday :party: In our family, the Birthday Person chooses all the meals for that day, so I need to start a blueberry coffeecake as soon as the butter softens! No school today either, as today the markets (stock/bond) are closed, meaning dh actually has a day off on his bday!

Up ahead:

--coffeecake

--make burger buns

--run to store for a cabbage (he wants coleslaw but didn't decide this until after I did the shopping yesterday)

--make coleslaw

--exercise; need to add some serious stretching as my lower back feels tight

--plan meals for week

--some paperwork

--send a few emails

--make sure everything is set for school this week

--read for enjoyment

Another humid and on-and-off rainy day again. Blech.

Good morning! Happy birthday, Mr. Lucky!

I am at the bagel place, having coffee and a bagel, of course, while the kids are at practice. In a bit, I am off to the grocery store. Dd2 is going to the mall with a friend, so I have a drop off and pick up. Dh is finishing the floor and dmil is coming for dinner.

Whew!

Still to do, finish room, move some books, drop off old electronics for recycling, clean some before dmil comes. She never says anything, one of the many reasons I love her, but the week starts in earnest tomorrow!

Have a wonderful Labor Day!

Good morning

- tidy house- round 1 done

- dishes- done

- laundry- load in washer and dryer

- call in and pick up Dh's meds- called in but pharmacy is closed

- fold mt clean clothes- done

- finish getting dd1's school stuff ready- done

- prepare dd1's lunch for tomorrow

- dinner- meat pulled to thaw

- baths

- have dd1 pick out her outfit for tomorrow- done

- bedtime routine

- prepare for storms rolling through this afternoon/evening potential of quarter size hail and high winds. We are more concerned about the wind since we are surrounded by trees and a few hang over our house. There is one of particular concern because it's half dead and hangs over between the living room and dd1's room.- phone is charging and replacing batteries in the flashlights.

Dh has off work today so we're having an easy but fun day! No school for us today.

-pet sit
-laundry
-wash cloth diapers
-entire family clean for 30 minutes(this should get house in great shape)
- BBQ at aunt's house
-encourage dh to finish his book so we can start reading The Stand together
-renew library books
-make sure we're ready for school this week
- meal plan/grocery list

Good Morning and Happy Labor Day!

Today:

• vacuum, dust and mop the entire house
  • clean x 4 bathrooms
  • laundry--sheets, towels --clothing-- light and dark load, iron and put everything away
  • vacuum garage
  • make sure the yard is clean 
  • deep clean the kitchen and organize the pantry
  • make menu for this week
  • cook a yummy dinner for tonight

Have a lovely day!

Were making great progress since everyone is pitching in.  We should be done by 2 with everything. 

Did you make it, Jean? 

I am at the copier, makin' copies.

Done so far:

Went with family to the town square for race-day (5K, 10K) fun (notice I said fun, not running :D )

String orchestra folders labeled

Practice sheets copied, stapled, put in folders

Chord sheets copied and in folders

Rehearsal schedule made

Sticker frenzy box

Director's binders completed w/scores

To Do:

Go over sheet music and make extra copies as needed, put in file folders

Order sheet music

Clean out large tub

Did you make it, Jean? 

I was an overachiever.

I cleaned the kitchen while talking to my mom.  My eldest sister was there reading over Mom's shoulder (mom is hard of hearing and has a captioned phone) so I made sure I teased Sis by talking about Sis "behind her back".  Sis knew that I knew she was there so took it humorously.  I know, you had to be there. . . .

Dd chose the "soup of the week" - something I'm going to try out this school year.  (Though this may be the only week we have the soup of the week!).  This week is chicken noodle soup made in the crockpot.  She made a list for me of ingredients we needed and we went to the store.  After lunch we made it and it is simmering in the crockpot now.

Dd and I refilled the humingbird feeder.  This was supposed to be dd's chore but she had a massive freakout after finding earwigs in the hummingbird feeder.  

Dd took out recycling.

Now I have to work on my nemesis - paperwork.

I finished everything and made homemade pasta carbonara for dinner.  Delicious and we were all super hungry from all our work we did today.

This afternoon I made 5 blankets for the littles... 2- Sophia the 1st blankets, 1 Dora, 1 Monsters Inc, and 1 Tinkerbell--now just need to wash them and have them ready for the 13th.  :)

all laundry taken down, sorted and first load washed and dried.

Filled out notice of intent after ds showed me how to fix the printer.  It is ready to mail out tomorrow.

looked at the next paperwork I need to do but I think I need dh to either get something from work or to ask for some clarification from work.  Both, probably,