Menu

Do people still have/use ice picks?

Renthead Mommy

Do you have an ice pick?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own an ice pick?

• Yes I have an ice pick.
    • No I do not have an ice pick.

They are called church keys. Bottle opener on one end and pointy on the other end. Those were perfect for Hersey chocolate syrup, condensed and evaporated milk (back before one of the had pull tabs) and certain cans of cranberry sauce.

It's called...wait for it...a can opener. Or it might be a double-sided tool: can opener on one end, bottle opener on the other.

I think "church key" was more colloquial. :-)

I didn't know the name. :lol:

scissors,  knitting needle, hatchet (yes, we have one), chainsaw (ditto), hammer, heavy vase, metal kabob skewer, revolver, rope, candlestick, wrench, letter opener that looks like a dagger, I even have a lead pipe (no, not lead. . . copper but I think it's still heavy enough to kill Mr. Body),

You forgot kitchen knives.  My butcher knife would do a great job.

And what about cast iron skillets, and baseball bats?  Antifreeze?  There was a woman in Georgia who killed either two husbands or a husband and a boyfriend via the antifreeze method.

Heck, you could even apply poison to an umbrella tip and stab someone walking by.  They will die if you use the right poison.  It's been done IRL.  Russian spy, maybe?

I think about these things in case I ever have to kill someone.  :coolgleamA:

This bit was sort of crazy:

The demand is greater than the store chooses to meet: because the store has a policy restricting the sale of ice picks to anyone under the age of 21, it has sold only two in the past six months or so.

“Some guy might buy this for torturing people,†another worker, Victor Reynoso said. “Sometimes they come to buy, but we don’t sell. If you are going to buy this, you have to show me ID.â€