Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Hope your dd feels better quickly. 

I sure need to play along...I just don't wanna :001_unsure:

I need to finish sorting stuff. I emptied a bunch of boxes of books and junk on the table & floor. Some are school books people gave me, some school books I had stored until we needed them and a bunch of boxes of junk. The junk boxes are boxes were I did the "oh my goodness someone is coming over. Dump everything in this box." :rolleyes:  :blushing:

It is the hottest and most humid day in at least six weeks :eek: So much for a nice evening on the deck with my sister's family...

You know it's bad when I turn on the a/c!

Done:

--lazy early morning with dh, the best kind :)

--farmers' market

--grocery store for spinach

--made space for all the veggies in the fridge

To do:

--marinate chicken

--prep potatoes for roasting

--prep salad ingredients

--cook bacon

--roast sweet peppers

--plan meals for the week

--straighten school area of kitchen (well, it's an IKEA bookcase and sideboard behind our farmhouse-style table)

Dh and dd are doing the cleaning---sweeping porch, bathroom, vacuum steps---while I take care of the food :)

The college kids will be joining us for dinner :party:

Good morning! Jean, I hope your dd feels better.

We are back from mass (kids and I) and dropped off an old TV at Best Buy. Dh is meeting the guys who will be moving our "new" fridge and dishwasher after his mass. So the kids and I are starting the massive cleaning in order to move old things and get new ones.

So far everything is going fairly well. By the end of the day tomorrow, everything should be finished (except for moving books). That will keep me occupied next week!

Have a great day, everyone!

Good Afternoon...

Today were having a day of rest.  Other than cooking it's a relaxing day here...movies, talking and reading.

Have a lovely day!

Dh did burgers on the grill for lunch w/ chips and watermelon.  Dinner is cooking King Ranch Chicken w/ coconut cream pie and a nice glass of riesling.  

We watched Game Day and Spiderman 2 --both were good. 

Waiting for the storms to arrive and reading the paper.