Menu

American History

MrsMe

Anything out there with a Biblical worldview for American History for 8th? I'm doing BJU AR and it's so dry. I love the Biblical integration, but I'm having a hard time with the dry, factual portions and the schooliness of it. 

What is out there where I don't have to invent the wheel for a Biblical Amer. History?  Are there any links that would actually pull Biblical information to use with SOTW 4? MFW doesn't do it either.  They sort of drop the ball half way through.  I'm waiting for MOH 4, but it covers a ton in this last book and makes me think it's too topical.

We just started this (AtB) with my 8th grader. We have only done the first lesson so far so I don't really have a lot of info other then the books are beautiful. My dd thought the writing was not very challenging for her but I was say she is on the advanced side of reading and even History. I like the fact that it goes through the twentieth century. Because I think it will be "easy" reading for her I am also combining  it with Uncle Sam and You. We will be using the Maps book and maybe the Student Review book.. Again, this is just based on the very first lesson so I am hoping that the information will get a bit more challenging for her. Even with that being said, I don't regret using this. I really think the books are very well done and I am happy that we are using the program.