Menu

Join me in thanking SWB and her staff for WTM....

sheryl

I think we should be thankful for the professional decisions made on behalf of wtm.  Certainly it's not easy trying to please everyone!   :)

Instead of grumbling, let's show our appreciation.   No one person can please every single person.   If anything, imo, there has been much wiggle room with discussed topics and I've noticed that a closed topic or whatnot is approached as a last resort.

Thanks SWB and staff!

I think we should be thankful for the professional decisions made on behalf of wtm.  Certainly it's not easy trying to please everyone!   :)

Instead of grumbling, let's show our appreciation.   No one person can please every single person.   If anything, imo, there has been much wiggle room with discussed topics and I've noticed that a closed topic or whatnot is approached as a last resort.

Thanks SWB and staff!

:iagree: especially with the bolded. So to everyone who makes my social life- uh, I mean this forum- possible, :hurray: !

I certainly appreciate the boards. I've been around since the old boards and I have never found another to equal them.

This! I have been here for around 15-16 years, and I have never found another forum that came close. These boards are the bees' knees. ;-p

I am very, very grateful for this board and appreciate all the work that goes into it. As an old timer who is not overly happy with the commercialization of homeschooling, I also want to at least nod to the fact that Peace Hill Press has kept their prices down enough for me to know that SWB is obviously more concerned with homeschooling than making money off of homeschoolers.

Thank you, Peace Hill Press staff.

Hear, hear!

As a loooooooong term board member, I am grateful for the support and friendships found here in the WTM community. 

Ditto, ditto, ditto - did I mention that  :iagree: ?

I can't imagine having been able to homeschool high school so effectively without gleaning from the knowledge of those who had gone before and blazed the paths - plus were willing to share the good, bad, and ugly.

Then I can't imagine having to go through life without being able to ask the basic questions I need info on from the chat board - how else would I have known what hubby should wear to a business meeting in South Korea?  How else would I have found a home for Joe-Joe (that cute kitten who was dropped off here and had warbels)?  How many recipes would I not have?

This is our 12th year homeschooling.  I've been here since the old boards too.  I don't know what I would do without the support, answers, love and encouragement of my imaginary friends.  Thank you SWB!

Imaginary?  Those are the folks sitting at my table right now since my guys are gone - well - a cat has one chair.  The rest of y'all I'm assuming are REAL.  ;)  (Don't burst that bubble if it's not true.)

A few days ago I recommended the WTM book and website to someone who asked me about homeschooling her middle schooler and classical homeschooling! :) I don't think she'd ever heard of WTM but seemed excited at the idea of the K-12 suggestions I promised could be found within. 

Thank you so much for this forum. The people here have been a wonderful support system in the last years of my homeschooling journey. I lived on the high school board for three years, and the help and encouragement I got there was incredible. I wish I had found you sooner! And I have been personally challenged and changed as well. I also get friends from literally all over the world and this gal from a large city now living in a small town has gotten a larger world here, and it is a sanity saver. I couldn't be more grateful.

Thank you SWB and staff!

I appreciate these boards so much, and I have since I found them well over a dozen years ago. It is such a great place for everything from light-heartened banter to serious, thought-provoking debate.

The best part, the most memorable part, for me, is when I needed help and emotional support for the problems with my children. I wrote recently that my love language is words of affirmation so perhaps it means more to me to read/hear that people are praying for my children or sending strength and encouragement. It helps me find the emotional strength and energy to keep on, keepin' on when I am tired and discouraged.

So THANK YOU again to SWB and all the sweet ladies who care so much.

I am very grateful to these boards. I've made friends who have counseled me and laughed with me and cried with me and listened to me complain and shared my joy...

They've even housed me while on vacation and one of them sent me epipens when I found out my ds has a severe peanut allergy and there were no epipens to be had in this country. I will never forget that and will be forever thankful. And all of this because of SWB. :)

I have not been here long enough to notice many issues, but man has this board been helpful to me!  Starting out homeschooling a 13 year old is incredibly daunting, and the people here have really helped me get to a point where I feel like I can do a decent job.  Thanks SWB and the people on this board!

I found this board when we first started homeschooling 7 years ago and it is always the first place I go to for ideas and suggestions for homeschooling. There's much wisdom here, a great willingness to share, compassion, and a love for children.

Thank you Dr. Bauer for providing the table for us to sit around and chat!! I've been blessed!