Menu

First Day of School - HS vs Public School

goldberry

My daughter had this email conversation with a friend.

Friend:  How'd your first day of school go?

DD: I got a lot done! Completed two Government lessons, not to mention two geometry lessons (which I totally LOVE math) I also spent an hour on technology designing the layout for a book I'm getting published. Then I memorized greek word roots and finished writing a story I was working on. And I did all that before 2:30. And then I wrote a song that I'm going to try putting piano to. Ah, the wonders of being a homeschooler. What all did you do today?

Friend:  Ummmmm..... I learned the rules

B)  B)  B) 

:hurray: I love it! Sounds like a successful first day in your home. :)

The really amazing part is that I work one day a week outside the home, and this happened to be both the first day of school AND the day I was gone.  Usually the day I am gone...who knows what will get done?  So I was actually pretty impressed.  DD thought her friend's response was hysterical.  She said, "I already know the rules, I've lived here my whole life."

I made my kids "walk to school" (aka around the block). My middle two loved it and hooted and hollered. My 8yo, though, folded her arms, walked in and told me, "You're so weird. I could've been reading a book, you know." Bwahaha!

PS here is back-to-school tomorrow so I thought I'd sit my kids outside to wave to their friends as they walk to the bus stop.