Menu

I didn't ruin him forever and ever! LOL

PinkInTheBlue

So, my oldest has been, let's say, a challenge in his high school years. He's a good guy but the endless amount of "Why do I need to even DO this?!" and such turned the end of high school years into a situation of just getting done. It did NOT turn into the excellent learning experience I had hoped. His passion is theater so we got what must be done for graduation and focused on theater.

Well, he started college Monday on a full theater and vocal scholarship and, so far, is ecstatic! He actually ended up with a decent GPA but without the AP and honors I had hoped. I'm happy to just be the supportive mom and occasion tutor, I hope. :)

He just might be okay and I'm alive.  That's what matters, right?  :)  LOL

Fortunately my 16 yr old and 8 yr old are much easier....so far.

So there is hope for me?  My ds is a Junior this year and I can't say the past two years have been lollipops and rainbows as we trekked down the path of higher learning.  More like a battle of "One day you will have a boss.  This boss is hiring you to do all the sucky stuff he/she does not want to do.  High school is practice for doing the sucky stuff to your bosses expectations.  Until you prove yourself and then get to hire someone else to do the sucky work."

My dd is a freshman this year and I am cautiously optimistic about her high school years.

I have one more year of "Why do I need this??" "When am i ever going to use it??" "This is such a waste of my time!".  I am turning my ds over to the community college this year so someone else can crack the whip!  I just want to be Mom again.  It should be an interesting year. I am glad you have shown me the light at the end of the tunnel.

:hurray:

There is the ideal. And there is life. 

It's one thing to read and research and put it on paper and it's another thing altogether to get it done with -- did you say a high school boy? 

Relationship is so important and if you kept that intact while also giving the right push and motivation, good job! 

Lisa