Menu

Exercise Thread 8/17-8/23

Joyofsixreboot

I don't know if this is a dup post or not,  but I haven't been online much lately. 

I have been working out though....and yesterday ran my furthest distance ever....18 miles..3:28   Meant to run 15, but miscalculated my route.  Ended up at the bottom of a VERY steep hill which runs 3 miles straight up! (I live in a very hilly/ mountainous area).  The last 3 miles were VERY ugly, but I finished them....mostly walking, hobbling, cursing, etc. 

Faithe

We went to a rockclimbing class yesterday to learn about belaying so now the next time we go we can take the test and be able to do it on our own. We climbed some as well but I was feeling horrible so it wasn't a good climbing day. 

Today I'm feeling MUCH better but I didn't get much sleep so we'll see how it goes. I planned to do intensives today but it just might be a core day.

Glad to see the new thread.

Faithe- 18 miles, wow that is amazing!

I've mostly been on nursing duty-because of the pain meds we can't leave our 18 yo unsupervised yet. All the shakes I have been making to tempt her with- and have been tasting, have made me feel like a slug. But I have gotten in daily 2+ mile walks a day plus tonight I did martial arts.

Yea! Found the thread. 

I've been doing my usual Fitness Blender. BTW, they have a free 5 day challenge workout. 

Anyway, my knee is really bothering me. A lot. As in I can barely walk up the stairs or vacuum. So I'm making another appt. I need to know exactly what is wrong so I can fix. I can't fix it if I don't know what specifically I injured months ago. I hope to get answers. 

There you are momninja= I was worried about you, I hope you get some answers.

Joyofsix- I switch things up because I get bored, lol, not some fancy attempt at variety :)

All I've done is walked the last 2 days, felt like crap yesterday and then today felt better but was busy and with being on my period didn't feel like doing much, it seems to really knock me out for a bit, before and during. I'm hoping to get back in the swing tomorrow, assuming I sleep well I'm hoping to finally be feeling a bit more energetic.

Hi there!

I have family in town, well, more family than usual. And DH took the week off to spend time with visiting family so...  No exercise is happening, and lots of big family meals at night.

Oh well, it's a week and pretty soon things get back to normal. And then I can start worrying how to fit exercise into our new school routine. I hate a new routine.

Had a lovely, sweaty run.  I wasn't sure how it would go because after doing kettlebell yesterday I spent the whole day moving furniture and hauling heavy stuff to the landfill.  Just a wee bit tight this morning but once I got started it was a go.  Everyone doing ok?  How are those aches and pains, visiting family, recovering kids and very tired mamas doing?

Well, another rest day here yesterday. Hoping today is better but I didn't get quite enough sleep. Sigh. I am getting better but I'm still having ups and downs. I've cut back on nursing, although I hate to do so, I'm really hoping that it helps stabilize my hormones so my mood and energy levels are a bit less like a roller coaster. I was out about a week around my last period as well. Anyway, I'm hoping for a walk and core today, that is probably all I'm going to get in this week. Next week I  hope to start back with intensives. Dh is dying to go kayaking again as well but with our schedule this week was impossible, next week is looking pretty packed as well to be honest but maybe next Friday we can squeeze it in. 

Oh, and I got in my Merrell Vapor Gloves, LOVE them!!!!! My only complaint is that I wish I would have ordered a different color. If I can come up with the funds I'm considering ordering another pair. 

Oh, and I got in my Merrell Vapor Gloves, LOVE them!!!!! My only complaint is that I wish I would have ordered a different color. If I can come up with the funds I'm considering ordering another pair. 

Love my Vapor Gloves!   I also have two pair in different colors.  <<insert cheeky grin>>

I think most of us on this thread are weird endorphin addicted people. 

:D   Seriously, right?   

I

I have been working out though....and yesterday ran my furthest distance ever....18 miles..3:28   Meant to run 15, but miscalculated my route.  Ended up at the bottom of a VERY steep hill which runs 3 miles straight up! (I live in a very hilly/ mountainous area).  The last 3 miles were VERY ugly, but I finished them....mostly walking, hobbling, cursing, etc. 

Faithe

18 miles.  Holy crap!   That's some serious running!   WOOT!

I'm finally reporting in.

I did yoga w, th, f and plan on doing it today.

I've also upped my average "walk up my hill" (three times a day of 80' elevation gain - half of it as much as 20% grade - is a good hike.  It's like running sprints and I'm breathing hard when I get to the top.)

because I'm increasing how much I walk, I'm getting my daily average over 5000 steps. including two days the phone wasn't working, and today that hasn't even started.  (one pedometer has a rolling seven day average.)  that's an improvement.  I'm making my walking goals in 'baby steps'.

Thursday- a.m. 1/2 mile run ans 2 mile walk. P.m.- martial arts followed by kettbell.

Friday- 2 1/2 mile walk

Saturday- a.m. 1 1/2 hour open mat practicing mostly hook kicks and sparring combos. Then this afternoon in the blazing heat I did 3/4 mile jog followed by 6 strides for another mile and 1/2. I melted.