Menu

Other John are you out there?

Truscifi

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too, was hoping the likes were visible again. Off to five star some people randomly this morning. I think it has to be the combination of paint fumes and invisible likes but I've become completely random in surfing the boards. 

Of course it could just be the paint fumes. Every stuffed animal my boys own is wearing a paper hat. I think it means that they are pirates, but I'm not sure. We are sending out the pelicans, and I'm positive that's a bad thing...

Oooo, maybe I'm cracking under the pressure! Off to get another cuppa before it gets worse.

Maybe it's an experiment or one of those deprivation tortures. Trying to see when we'll crack. They obviously don't know us very well!

Exactly.

We are home educators; they will have to up their game if they want to break us!

(Although there may be some evidence that, due to our home educating, many of us are more than a little cracked.)

As hubby took the kiddo off this morning to give me a much-needed break, I decided to find something useful to do. What better way, I thought, to start the morning off right than to generously and randomly play star fairy. After donning my 4 yr olds tutu and tiara, I picked threads at random and got to work showering some astro-love.

Now I am depressed. Such a daunting task! WHO is going about giving perfectly lovely Hivers 1 star ratings?! It is appalling. I am afraid, Star Brigade, that we have a long and arduous task ahead of us. This is so much bigger than all of us! Leaving fellow Hive members to suffer in silence is NOT okay.

Time for more coffee.

My notifications looked like this:

FaithManor liked a post you made in Other John are you out there?

:D  :D  :D

Ah, I see. Thanks! I was wondering what a Triple Like looked like!

I like that Like!  :thumbup1:

I, too, am saddened by the still-missing Likes. I saw in another thread that someone said posting on the board without its Likes is like talking into a void. That sums it up nicely for me.

Seeing who Liked various posts, to me, is sort of like being in a conversation and hearing what others are saying. Without the Likes, it's more like reading articles in a paper or something.

I didn't think I would like the Likes, but I do. And now they're gone. Sniff. :crying:  I hope they know how much they are missed and come back.

I think that someone with an anti-homeschool agenda has stolen all the visible likes in order to keep homeschooling parents wrapped up in a fruitless attempt to get them back, thus subjecting our children to educational neglect and spelling doom for the homeschooling movement.

BL5 in the process of liking this morning I accidentally unliked a comment that I had previously liked, so I immediately liked it again of course, but if it shows up as unliked for some reason that is what happened.

I have also been doing some five starring. Is there any way to get to someone's profile without scrolling through the member directory? I mean if there is not a post by them handy. If there is it would definitely increase my starring capacity.

I am getting desperate people. I don't have time to scroll through a list of notifications going back and forth between threads to know who likes which exact post (because there are so many of them lol). I had to cancel math yesterday.

I am getting ready to talk about modesty.

Doesn't work for me. It just brings me to the start of the thread. If I click on the person who 'liked' my post, it brings me to their personal page thingy.

I wouldn't really mind if the 'likes' disappeared altogether. They should NOT be changed to "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" under any circumstances!

You can actually click on individual phrases in the like notification. Try getting your curser directly over the words "post you made."

BL5 in the process of liking this morning I accidentally unliked a comment that I had previously liked, so I immediately liked it again of course, but if it shows up as unliked for some reason that is what happened.

I have also been doing some five starring. Is there any way to get to someone's profile without scrolling through the member directory? I mean if there is not a post by them handy. If there is it would definitely increase my starring capacity.

I am getting desperate people. I don't have time to scroll through a list of notifications going back and forth between threads to know who likes which exact post (because there are so many of them lol). I had to cancel math yesterday.

I am getting ready to talk about modesty.

One sneaky way I have started: pick a person, any person and go to their profile. Give them 5 stars. Then use the friend pictures and make sure they all have five stars. One one of those profiles, make sure all THEIR friends have five stars and so on and so forth. It isn't a perfect system but works much more quickly if you have limited star-distribution time.

Sort of a friends and family network!

Of course, this will never reach everyone so we must find ways to widen the circle of starsâ­

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel better about myself now. :laugh:

It's so nice to find others who have the same educational philosophies as we do!

Look if no one is licking the walls, climbing the walls, vaulting the couch, trying to end a sibling, or rope a dog I think we have to say the day is going well.

Now if the kid was spelling the Mandarin curses from Firefly we'd really have something to talk about!

Liking a bunch of posts.

Hoping that the invisible likes become visible again soon. I'm being productive, but not VERY productive today, because I keep running back to see if the likes are back. 

So far I've hung 11 cabinet doors, prepped the last drawer for painting, relocated a bookcase (which I will move around again because it looks like it's waiting around the corner to pounce on me) discussed Father Marquette, traced the Mississippi from the St. Lawrence, discussed the Senate and House of Representatives, impeachment, and read two chapters of Journey to the Center of the Earth, discussed hospitality, given a spelling quiz, overseen the reading of a paragraph on Greenland, and administered fair warning for arguing with Mom-head about a spelling quiz. 

Normally I'd have gotten to Math, Latin, Grammar and Writing by now! And moved Ivor, the great white pantry, to his corner for reconstruction.

Visible like

It's really annoying not being able to see how many likes a post has.  You can add up your notifications, but who does that?

Well .. I'm  a patient person, but I'm beginning to get a bit PO'd by the lack of response about this.  It's either a problem that needs fixing or it's a permanent change.  What's the big deal about a moderator giving us a bit of info?  To not do so seems utterly silly.  And yeah, yeah . . . I know we're all guests here and I really appreciate this place very much.  It would take less than a minute for a moderator to post and let us know what's going on.

I think we should all start quoting posts we've liked and responding with "Visible like" just as Azalea did. :D

Liking a bunch of posts.

Hoping that the invisible likes become visible again soon. I'm being productive, but not VERY productive today, because I keep running back to see if the likes are back.

So far I've hung 11 cabinet doors, prepped the last drawer for painting, relocated a bookcase (which I will move around again because it looks like it's waiting around the corner to pounce on me) discussed Father Marquette, traced the Mississippi from the St. Lawrence, discussed the Senate and House of Representatives, impeachment, and read two chapters of Journey to the Center of the Earth, discussed hospitality, given a spelling quiz, overseen the reading of a paragraph on Greenland, and administered fair warning for arguing with Mom-head about a spelling quiz.

Normally I'd have gotten to Math, Latin, Grammar and Writing by now! And moved Ivor, the great white pantry, to his corner for reconstruction.

Whoa.

Come be unproductive at my house.

All we've done today is spell 'crap', watch a documentary about declawing, and read a Smithsonian article about yawning.

Well .. I'm a patient person, but I'm beginning to get a bit PO'd by the lack of response about this. It's either a problem that needs fixing or it's a permanent change. What's the big deal about a moderator giving us a bit of info? To not do so seems utterly silly. And yeah, yeah . . . I know we're all guests here and I really appreciate this place very much. It would take less than a minute for a moderator to post and let us know what's going on.

I think we should all start quoting posts we've liked and responding with "Visible like" just as Azalea did. :D

Visable like.

Well .. I'm a patient person, but I'm beginning to get a bit PO'd by the lack of response about this. It's either a problem that needs fixing or it's a permanent change. What's the big deal about a moderator giving us a bit of info? To not do so seems utterly silly. And yeah, yeah . . . I know we're all guests here and I really appreciate this place very much. It would take less than a minute for a moderator to post and let us know what's going on.

I believe this is the moment to break out the great text speak I've learned on this forum.

WTH is up with this?

What does it take to get a little response?

Do we need to start reporting each other like whiney babies?

What exactly will evoke reply?

FFS, we don't want to be reduced to speaking ill of specific political personalities or policies!

I believe this is the moment to break out the great text speak I've learned on this forum.

WTH is up with this?

What does it take to get a little response?

Do we need to start reporting each other like whiney babies?

What exactly will evoke reply?

FFS, we don't want to be reduced to speaking ill of specific political personalities or policies!

Visible like!

Whoa.

Come be unproductive at my house.

All we've done today is spell 'crap', watch a documentary about declawing, and read a Smithsonian article about yawning.

Spelling, Science, Social Studies,

Oh, and hung the laundry to dry.

And Physical Education.

Liking a bunch of posts.

I liked this.

But I have to be honest.  It makes me feel sloth-like. 

So I am torn between admiring your energy and organizational skills.

And hating you.

Well .. I'm  a patient person, but I'm beginning to get a bit PO'd by the lack of response about this.  It's either a problem that needs fixing or it's a permanent change.  What's the big deal about a moderator giving us a bit of info?  To not do so seems utterly silly.  And yeah, yeah . . . I know we're all guests here and I really appreciate this place very much.  It would take less than a minute for a moderator to post and let us know what's going on.

A visible like from me, too.

But I liked you all, and love you all!

Trust me---it's as far from organized as it gets. This is the first I've seem the dining room window in WEEKS. I'm liking the sunshine, and un-liking all the places where sloppy me got careless with the paintbrush..

Look if no one is licking the walls, climbing the walls, vaulting the couch, trying to end a sibling, or rope a dog I think we have to say the day is going well.

Now if the kid was spelling the Mandarin curses from Firefly we'd really have something to talk about!

Climbing the walls counts as PE around here...

Oh, crap. And here I thought our day was going pretty well (no siblings were maimed or permanently disfigured!).

I checked and found that I am down to three stars.  Given the visitors to my profile, I can guess who dissed me.

Maybe if we all report the first post in this thread someone would notice?

How do you see who visited your profile?