Menu

Other John are you out there?

Truscifi

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the best threads I've read in a long time.   :laugh:

Giving a bump.  Hoping that OtherJohn is not on vacay...

Yes. 

Y'all are hilarious.  :lol:  

Dh wants to know what I am laughing at, but it won't sound funny if I tell him. 

Yes.

Y'all are hilarious. :lol:

Dh wants to know what I am laughing at, but it won't sound funny if I tell him.

Oh no, it will.

But it might be more funny in a should-we-seek-professional-help kind of way than the ha-ha kind.

Try it out and report back. (Since we are all about social experiments tonight!)

With alacrity ?

A brisk and cheerful readiness to restore our likes ?

Sigh. it's OK. I know he's got better things to do with his work day ( said only slightly passively aggressively.)

Go read the thread about the nasty cell phone woman. That reads like a how to for increasing your passive agressive skills.

I wouldn't want you to waste this educational opportunity. Mark it down as cultural studies. (Or jack-hole 101, whatever floats your boat!)

I don't know, but if your five star rating takes a sudden nosedive, you will know the reason for it😒

Although, that should now and forever be statistically impossible😄

However, should it happen to do so we shall all take immediate and decisive action on the star front...

WE ARE THE STAR BRIGADE.

Standing ready, willing, and able to 5-star our downvoted brethren.

It sounds pretty heroic when it put it like that, doesn't it? :hurray:

(Truth be told, I'm usually "sitting, willing, and able." But it actually makes me a more efficient 5-Starring Machine, so it's all good, right?)

I see you all were up late playing last night (and probably sleeping in this morning).  :toetap05:   Not that there's a stigma associated with that or anything.  But the worst part is I'm out of likes.  (I think there is a stigma associated with that).  Evidently I *word that shall not be named" them out last night.

With alacrity ?

A brisk and cheerful readiness to restore our likes ?

Sigh. it's OK. I know he's got better things to do with his work day ( said only slightly passively aggressively.)

I liked this for the use of the word alacrity.  Well played, Sadie.  Well played.

WE ARE THE STAR BRIGADE.

Standing ready, willing, and able to 5-star our downvoted brethren.

It sounds pretty heroic when it put it like that, doesn't it? :hurray:

(Truth be told, I'm usually "sitting, willing, and able." But it actually makes me a more efficient 5-Starring Machine, so it's all good, right?)

"Appears we arrived just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"

"Big damn heroes, sir."

I seem to be stingy with my likes. I never run out. Does that make me a like prude?

To paraphrase Inara:

One of the virtues of not being puritanical about giving likes is not feeling embarrassed afterwards. You should look into it.

:P

If I save my likes for special posts doesn't that make it so much more meaningful? ;)

Nope.

It just makes you stingy.

:D

See how I liked your post there? We both have to admit it was semi-special at best, but I still liked it.

Think of it like a cell phone plan, where if you don't use your minutes, they're gone forever. Only with likes, the extra ones disappear at the end of each day. By not using them, YOU'RE LETTING THEM DIE. :crying:

Don't let your likes die.

Another 5 star for Miss P, but she is still stuck on 4 stars. This is unacceptable results for the Star Brigade! Wake up and put those fingers to work (carefully!).

Thank you, Star Brigade! :salute:

Amy was up to 5 stars by the time I got there, but I gave her more, just for good measure. :)

Nope.

See how I liked your post there? We both have to admit it was semi-special at best, but I still liked it.

Think of it like a cell phone plan, where if you don't use your minutes, they're gone forever. Only with likes, the extra ones disappear at the end of each day. By not using them, YOU'RE LETTING THEM DIE. :crying:

Yes. Even if you kill them politely.......

They are still dead.

Nope.

That is now part of my signature. I am officially pro-like.

I won't let my likes die any longer. To think of all the dead likes over the years that I have sacrificed. :svengo:  

I have liked all of your posts and no one will never know because the powers that be have forsaken us.  :nopity:

We are completely on our own.  It's like Lord of the Flies here, dude.

Suddenly I am reminded of:

"Luke luck licks lakes. Luke's duck licks lakes. Duck takes licks in lakes Luke Luck likes. Luke luck takes licks in lakes duck likes."

OtherJohn, take pity on me. I am dreaming about likes and now Fox in Sox shows up to haunt me in my sleep!

ETA: D:. Fox in Sox wears a kilt and the duck licks cupcakes that Luke Luck lovingly lavished so I am really cracking up here. It's a dire situation.