Menu

Used school desks and chairs website

RosieCotton

I thought I'd post this site for those wanting good priced chairs and desks.

http://schoolexcess.com/

I know many just use the kitchen table, but if you are looking for another option this year check it out.

I would find one or two desks here and there at garage sales or on CL, but never anything good enough to want to buy or invest in.

Sad I know I want things to match or not look totally crappy. It feeds me.

I've been checking into it this year, because my kids feet don't touch the floor with the chairs we have (at either the table or the desks in the schoolroom), and it's been bugging me  - alot (with handwriting) and I think it would be a benefit. (Also giving the boys their own space not able to reach each other may be of benefit to the creatures . . .) 

Kudos to my husband for finding this site for me.

Now if I could just find a cheap projector! :)

Shipping on 3 boxes was 84.00 - one box for the 3 chairs, and the desks in two other boxes.

Given the shipping on other sources we checked was higher (worthington direct)-- $85 for 3 desks priced at 47.00 which was a higher price but new, plus $40 shipping for 3 chairs at 35.00 each  - also higher price, this was reasonable.

Of course cheaper would have been better, but they are after all desks and chairs.

Hope that helps!

My local schools send excess stuff to a local auction house. I bought them for $5 each from the auction house. Try calling your school and seeing what they do with their excess stuff.

Also try colleges/universities. My local university has such a place.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I was just really naughty.

When the boxes came we refused delivery because I found them at auction at our local school district (largest in the state and in the top 10 largest in the country) -

I got the desks for 5.00 each, full flip tops. Chairs they are checking the back warehouse for me, and I got a projector for 7.00.

AND they are less than 20 miles from me for pickup.

I LOVE saving money!!!!

Thanks hive!!!!