Menu

Currclick reviews or anonymity of the internet

Has anyone taken a class with currclick?  I saw some positive reviews here for Mr. G's French class, and am considering signing up for that one, but I am a little hesitant about the site and just want to be sure everything is legitimate.  It just seems a little odd that it seems so anonymous.  Who is Mr. G?  We don't even know his real name or see his picture or anything.  Every other online class we have looked at shows the teacher's name, their bio, why they are they qualified to teach this subject, and even their picture.  I mean, I would want to know the teacher of a class I am signing up my child to take, right?  It is just so hard to know where the line is with the anonymity of the internet!  Also, what platform do they use for the online classes?  Do other students in the class see your name or your email?

Can anyone alleviate my concerns or tell me anything more about currclick?  Thanks!

My dd took Intro to German with Mr. G.  She loved it!!!  He is a wonderful teacher.  And so much fun.  He has not really said where his location is and I get the idea he and his family are currently somewhere in the Middle East.  He might answer you if you email him.  He was quick to respond to my emails.

Their user names are on the screen.  First name and last initial.  They use Adobe Connect.

We did when they first started online classes. They weren't that great, but they also weren't nearly as expensive. ;) Now I don't take them because I find the prices outrageous. :lol: Having said that all teachers have to have a police background check.. And some classes do offer a money back if they don't get the numbers for the class. :)

We usually take several classes per semester, and love them. We've only had a couple of classes we didn't enjoy, and that was more of a matter of the teacher not being quite right for us. Mr. G is great! My son has taken both German and French from him, and my daughter did summer French with him. They both like him.

Currclick does offer your money back if you hate a class after the first meeting. This only applies to classes that meet more than 4 times.

Thanks all for the reviews.  I wanted to report back that the French 1 is not actually a full high school level French 1 class in one year.  The same textbook is used for French 1-4.  I did not realize this, even though it says that in the class description, and just wanted to let others know in case anyone was reading and had the same mistaken understanding that I had.  

We took a couple of his classes and enjoyed them. He seems nice! My absolute favorite classes are Literature Lane's. She is a newer teacher but we've been through four sets of her classes plus one of her one day classes and have been so impressed. I have bought all of her classes except one (a hockey one just isn't our thing) through the end of the year. I also really like Founder's Academy classes although her classes have a completely different feel. I find the reviews are pretty accurate on Currclick. It will say next to the reviewers name if they have made a purchase, so you know they actually paid for what they are reviewing. 

Thanks all for the reviews. I wanted to report back that the French 1 is not actually a full high school level French 1 class in one year. The same textbook is used for French 1-4. I did not realize this, even though it says that in the class description, and just wanted to let others know in case anyone was reading and had the same mistaken understanding that I had.

Yes, we considered using Mr G. We were looking for French 2. We talked to Mr G and he recommended French 3 or 4, but she was in high school and I wasn't comfortable giving her any credit for the slow paced class, so we didn't do it.

He emphasized teaching language so that students love it and want to continue. Not a bad goal, but not our only goal either.

Thanks all for the reviews.  I wanted to report back that the French 1 is not actually a full high school level French 1 class in one year.  The same textbook is used for French 1-4.  I did not realize this, even though it says that in the class description, and just wanted to let others know in case anyone was reading and had the same mistaken understanding that I had.  

Yes.  It was my understanding that French 1-4 was equivalent to French 1 & 2.  French 1 is just a semester ,as are each of his levels.