Menu

Sharing a new for me (and green) cleaning tip that is working for me

Joanne

When I moved, I wanted to incorporate more green living. One thing that has stuck is my use of re-usable cloths for bathroom and kitchen cleaning.

I used water, a squirt of Dr. Bronner's, lemon and tea tree EO in glass containers with lids. I immersed cheap washcloths in them. I have 3: one for each bathroom and the kitchen.

At the end of each day, I use one in the kitchen to wipe counters, stove and sink. I put the used one in a basket in the laundry room.

Each day in bathrooms, I adapt Fly Lady's "swipe and swish". I take a wipe, squeeze the excess into the toilet. I wipe the counters, sink, and toilet. I get into the shower, and while my hair conditions, wipe the shower. After I shower, I use the toilet brush with the cleaner already having  soaked, and flush. Dump cloth in laundry room. (the kids do the same, but probably not as regularly)

Smells clean, looks good, no chemical odor or headache.

When I moved, I wanted to incorporate more green living. One thing that has stuck is my use of re-usable cloths for bathroom and kitchen cleaning.

I used water, a squirt of Dr. Bronner's, lemon and tea tree EO in glass containers with lids. I immersed cheap washcloths in them. I have 3: one for each bathroom and the kitchen.

At the end of each day, I use one in the kitchen to wipe counters, stove and sink. I put the used one in a basket in the laundry room.

Each day in bathrooms, I adapt Fly Lady's "swipe and swish". I take a wipe, squeeze the excess into the toilet. I wipe the counters, sink, and toilet. I get into the shower, and while my hair conditions, wipe the shower. After I shower, I use the toilet brush with the cleaner already having soaked, and flush. Dump cloth in laundry room. (the kids do the same, but probably not as regularly)

Smells clean, looks good, no chemical odor or headache.

Nice! I use Dr. Bronners with EO as an all-purpose cleaner, too. I put it in a spray bottle and dilute (of course) with water. I use terry cloths for wiping. They were a bulk pack of washcloths I got at Costco a decade ago. :)