Menu

CC Foundations, 2nd edition?

mlkmnsgrl

I picked up a copy of the old 2nd edition guide for $5, which means I can afford to get the songs and such. But that edition used the old Veritas timeline cards. I don't know if the songs CD changed when CC made their own timeline.

Can anyone tell me what resources I'll need to do the 2nd edition curriculum and whether they're still available?

Thanks!

CC has updated their site and a bunch of links are broken, so I'm not having much luck finding the chages.  But Ebay has a good deal on the Veritas cards, so I'll probably just go for it.

Or is it better to go ahead and make the leap to the Arts and Facts cards and CC music?  I like the idea of being able to get their full resources cds, but at the same time, if it's just too different and make me crazy without the 4th edition guide, then I'll save myself the $60 and stick with VP.  Any thoughts?

Are you doing it at home or in a community? If in a community then I would use the newer stuff. If you're doing it at home, then it's just a matter of preference. I've never used the resource CDs , I do have the tutorial apps though and we use those and the new timeline song with no problem.

I highly recommend the new timeline that CC put together over the Veritas one. When we first joined CC I bought all the Veritas cards and worked hard at memorizing it. I wasn't sure if I was going to switch after all the investment I put into the Veritas one. After listening to the new CC timeline song, I was sold! it's awesome and the cards are great. It's so much easier to learn the timeline with the song. The timeline events are also much better laid out than Veritas which mostly focuses on Western Civilization.

CC has updated their site and a bunch of links are broken, so I'm not having much luck finding the chages.  But Ebay has a good deal on the Veritas cards, so I'll probably just go for it.

Or is it better to go ahead and make the leap to the Arts and Facts cards and CC music?  I like the idea of being able to get their full resources cds, but at the same time, if it's just too different and make me crazy without the 4th edition guide, then I'll save myself the $60 and stick with VP.  Any thoughts?

I used VP with my older (now graduated) children, so I've had all the VP (Bible and History) cards for a long time.  I've never done CC but when I heard about their cards I looked at, and then bought, them.  They are SO MUCH better than VP!!!  Not only are they already laminated (VP are cardstock - I laminated mine) but the are more attractive, have a timeline, have a map, are more focused on World History (instead of Western Civ.), and have more Modern US History (VP is heavy on early US History but severely lacking in Modern US History).  My history timeline now consists of all the CC cards plus the VP cards that weren't duplicated in the CC cards, which I really like.  If I could only own one set it would be CC!

ETA that I have never used CC or been part of their community.