Menu

Please help me with my Sansa Clip+

I kept hearing here how awesome they were for audiobooks, but I have had tons of trouble.

First, getting my Audible files on there - well, some were downloaded as format 1 (what? These are ones I DL'd within the past week and format 1 isn't even an option) so I had to re-download as format 4. And since they had been downloaded previously, I had to re-download several in the split format. Fine. Pain in the butt but I got them all added to my library in Audible Manager.

Next, the audiobooks show up on the Sansa Clip+ with part 2 before part 1 - and you have to wait for the title to scroll to see which part you're on. Annoying, but not a deal breaker.

Then, I discovered that when I rip CDs, iTunes is converting them to mp4, so I have to convert to mp3 before I can do anything with them. Urgh. I think I can change that for the future, but I still have to deal with my existing library of audiobooks.

Finally, the Clip+ is sorting the chapters in whatever order it wants. I am trying to figure out how to change id3 tags but I'm on my second program and they both require a lot of painstaking individual renaming and saving. I spent hours yesterday using one program to fix the id3 tags, and it didn't even make a difference when I loaded them on the Sansa (which takes a couple of hours since I am putting 20+ gigs of audiobooks on there).

Tell me again why this thing is so great?

I don't use the Sansa software either (I believe it's just a Rhapsody trial). For my non-Audible audiobooks, I am just dragging from my computer into the folder on the Sansa device. No software involved.

I think the issue is that the Sansa Clip+ isn't acknowledging the CD numbers. So it plays track 01 of each disc, then track 02. I have checked my id3 tags and they show the different album numbers, but Sansa ignores it I guess. I am going through the tedious process of changing the track numbers, which is super annoying on something like Hans Brinker that has over 120 tracks.

I had issues with track numbers and although I haven't been using them for a while, I remember doing two things...one is to look things up by album rather than title of individual track, and also that audiobooks had a separate section until I started messing with tags.

Huh. I haven't had any of these issues. I did have trouble one time with it jumping around randomly, but it turns out I had some setting set to "random." 

All the Audible stuff went right into the Audiobooks folder perfectly. The Overdrive things are a little harder to navigate because they are under Music. Otherwise, no issues.

I just use either Audible or Overdrive to put stuff on there. The only trouble I ever have is getting audio files (music, GSWS lessons) on there through Windows Media Player.

We don't have any i-devices & only use the Sansa Clip+. We have three of them - two work fine & one's power button broke, so we turn it on via plugging it in to recharge & turn it off by pausing & letting it turn itself off.