Menu

(help me feed the Latin fire) more stuff like Headventureland?

Okay, my kids switched into CAP's Latin for Children (the olders) & Song School Latin (the youngers), and they are all ENTRANCED by Headventureland.com! We have done Latin for 2 years already (different program), and I thought I had researched the "fun stuff" previously, but this is opening new territory for me.

So I'm on the quest for even more fun Latin stuff for them! What can you add to this list?

Latin Dr. Seuss (we have Cattus Petastatus & Virent Ova! Viret Perna! - I know there is a Grinch one, too)

Headventureland (they particularly love the videos, though all of it is first-rate)

Roman Mysteries (I found on a different thread - haven't tried these yet, but they're on my list)

Percy Jackson

I am learning it right along with them, and we are having an absolute ball with this stuff, so - tell me what else is out there! (They also *LOVE* piecing out the sayings on historical monuments / architectural structures / plaques we run into while out and about. They miss / confuse a lot of the endings since we're all still beginners, but they can often get the gist of the message, and that is THRILLING to them, and just makes them want more. That's a flame I'd love to fan!)

Cambridge School Classics Orogram has a website with games and cultural extensions from CLC. It's under $20 US to subscribe for a year. We use CLC, but I'd think you could use it with other programs.

The Exploratory Latin Exam for grades 3-6 has a teaching packet and CD available from ACL. It overlaps SSL a lot.