Menu

Shower head height for taller people

anneinco

We are placing a new mobile home on our property so we can move my MIL in with us. One thing I asked for is that the shower head in the master bath be raised and they want to know how high. I am not good about picking numbers out of my head and I need to ask around to find a measuring tape (currently out of state taking care of my MIL while we get the house placed). To top things off I did not think about having my husband measure the shower head we just raised before he demolished our previous home last week.

So, if you have a higher shower head (extra points if you have someone 6'+ using it and they are happy), what height is the head and what height does it exit the wall? I always feel cramped when using the standard height showers.

Ours is plumbed at 7.5 feet. The shower head is around 4" lower. My DH is 6' and his brother is our contractor. He's 6'4" and that was his recommendation. We just redid the kids' bathrooms and theirs are not quite 7.5" because of the tile choice. DS likely will be very tall and we didn't want him hitting his head in a few years. Theirs are on an adjustable rod, which makes it comfy for a variety of heights.

Thank you! I will be measuring these out tomorrow. I can't remember what they told me the difference was, in inches, between the head and where it is plumbed. Need to ask them again. I think they said standard for the head was 71" or 73" which I know I will hate.

They keep adding raise shower head in guest bath too and I keep saying NO! MIL is short, and I have a 10 year old who is not going to be as tall as me. While their shower will have a hose that can be detached, I need it low enough for MIL.