Menu

Sonlight Core G (world history year 1) Question

bluelupine7

I was wondering if someone could help me out.  If it is not against the rules, could you tell me the order the Readers/Read Alouds are read in?  I want my daughter to read the following books this year, but want them in chronological order.  Thanks!

A Single Shard
Adam of the Road
Archimedes and the Door of Science
Beyond the Dessert Gate
Flame over tara
God King Williamson
Hittite Warrior
Mara Daughter of the Nile
The Beduins Gazelle
The Bronze Bow
The Golden Goblet
The Great and Terrible Quest
The Ides of April
Detectives in Togas
Mystery of the Roman Ransom
The Phantom Tollbooth
The Second Mrs. Giaconda
Theras and His Town
The Children's Homer

Also, we will be using SOTW volume 1 as our spine.  Any other suggestions for middle schooler to read?

Thanks!

It is against Sonlight's rules to give the order of the books. I believe that the catalog tells you which trimester each book is used in, so that gives a rough idea. Sonlight does not always assign books strictly chronologically anyway. I found it was fairly easy to just google dates for most books (eg Archimedes birth/death dates) or to find dates given on the back cover. The Phantom Tollbooth is not a historical book so that could fit in anywhere. What I did for ideas for extra books was to just look at other curricula for their lists. There is a lot of overlap but you will find some more titles that way. Did you realize that core G will take you through both SOTW1 and SOTW2 in one year?