Menu

This is gross and weird.

cdrumm4448

I found little brown balls of something inside my pillowcase COVER this morning. I don't know how long they've been there. They are in between the plastic-ish backing and the top of the cover. I've Googled bedbugs (freaky!) and I don't think that's what they are. They are ONLY inside the layers of the pillowcase cover. Nothing on the pillow, or the pillowcase, or the bedding, or the mattress, or the bed frame. We have, however, had an issue with mold on our windows lately. We need new ones. 

So, the question is, can these things be mold? I plan to throw away both pillows, covers and all. Has anyone else experienced this?

(poking fun)  .....and you call yourself a home schooler!  

A real home schooler would scoop them up, spend a week doing a unit study on what the kids hypothesis the are, incubate them and see who is closest. Once you get them to hatch, see if you can make a complete life cycle, including getting the little critters to reproduce. Make sure to blog about your progress, including a poll for others to take a guess as well.  Chart you results on a presentation board and have the kids make a Youtube video of the process ala Science fair style.  Make a lapbook of similar insects for bonus homeschooler points!

:laugh:

PS. I vote critter not mold.  Sorry.

I was grossed out so I threw them away immediately! I have since disposed of the pillows and covers. They were the cheap covers from WalMart that aren't paper, but close! There were tiny little holes in the "fabric". They seemed plugged with something. Oil? Everything is getting complete clean tomorrow. 

I was grossed out so I threw them away immediately! I have since disposed of the pillows and covers. They were the cheap covers from WalMart that aren't paper, but close! There were tiny little holes in the "fabric". They seemed plugged with something. Oil? Everything is getting complete clean tomorrow. 

Chinese spider eggs? Chinese bedbug condos?