Menu

anxious to start

So I have everything to start in August except for the sotw library books. I'm anxious to see if all this research and planning is going to work out better this year. Last year I had to give up my plans and go week to week. I might do a week run through in a week just to see what needs work. We have a lot of new curriculum. 

Also, my accelerated son has said he only wants to do school with his brother. So I've got a lot planned together if my youngest will sit for it but my oldest has to do math, at least, by himself. I am going under his ability in some subjects just to include his brother. If his brother isn't going to be able to do it then ... 

Anyone else anxious to see how it will work out? Is it just a young hs mom thing or does this go away, with accelerated kids? 

Good luck! I hope it goes smoothly for you and that you will get to do things somewhat as you want. After one year, I'm already pessimistic that anything thing I plan will get re-melded into the shape of things as DS wants. So I plan loosely! But I always get excited at the start of the year to see where we will and up, because with kids like this, you never know. And I always jump for joy when I get to buy new books. Happy new year to you!

This is our 6th year and I still worry frantically that we aren't doing enough...the kids are behind...the kids are too far ahead...they don't like what we're doing...we're not going to finish everything...we ARE going to finish everything too early - like in October, etc.   :laugh:   Yes, be flexible and try not to worry!