Menu

cordless phone help needed...

kfeusse

we need to buy a new cordless phone, but the 2 things I want that I thought were "standard" but found out they aren't are:

1) the caller ID to show the phone number to the wireless caller...not just state that it's a wireless caller calling.

2) and the ability to program into the speed dial and be able to use both an access number and a pin number.

3) and it needs to be an answering machine

I know these at least used to exist because the phone that broke at our home had all of these features...and the one I just bought at Wal-mart doesn't do either 1 or 2...although it was an answering mahine. I figured before I bought more phones only to see they don't have one or the other of these features, I would ask here.

So...if your phone does these things, PLEASE let me know what brand and model it is.

We don't subscribe to caller ID, so I can't be sure of ours.

However, I have been horrified that there's no way to turn off the ringer on the base unit of mine! If you want to be able to turn the phone off/go straight to answering without disturbing you, be sure to check for that feature as well.