Menu

Anyone heard of Brain Balance?

Yes.   Mixed reviews.  I had a friend use it with her daughter.  No conclusive results, although because she was doing more physical exercise in general with this program her overall health improved.   But for what they paid the mom did not feel it actually did what they said it would do.  And when results weren't what they kept being told would happen, they were told that they needed to pay more money, do more with the program, etc.  

I've heard of Brain Balance but don't know much about it. If it's what I think it is you might want to google Bette Lamont and her work in neuroreorganization. She travels all over the country and sees clients. We used her with my girls and saw big improvement with emotional regulation and academics, especially my older daughter's reading.

(I'm not associated with Bette Lamont in any way just a very happy parent of 2 that completed the program. )

Thanks ladies.  Geodob, that's what stood out to me too.  JonesinIndiana, I will look into the one you mentioned.  I am also checking out Minds in Motion.  I have another post asking if anyone knows anything about that one, but no replies so far.  I saw the creator of that program speak at our local homeschool convention, and she has data, clinical research, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Momma Ruthies

Yes, we used Brain Balance with one of our sons and saw tremendous results.  We've seen many people---and realized we were getting "band aids" for him and not addressing the root problems.  We did six months at Brain Balance and our son improved from 4 to 8 years in ability depending on the area.  Huge changes in his self confidence!  He can finally ride a bike well and has confidence to try all kinds of new things.  

Honestly, we feel that Brain Balance looked at the "whole" picture and addressed the "whole" problem instead of the audiologist addressing auditory processing with her band-aid, the speech therapist addressing speech and language issues with her band-aid, the music therapist, etc.  Our speech therapist was the one who told us about BB and had another patient make huge strides.  We stopped therapy while in BB and she was floored with the changes in our son.  

It is expensive, but we feel it was definitely worth it for the changes we saw in that amount of time---and the changes in our son's confidence.  I have read enough reviews of people bashing it who have never had a child with special needs and gone through the journey of trying to get them help and hitting dead ends.  For us, this was just what our son needed.  I would encourage anyone who has a child who struggles to at least get an eval from the people at Brain Balance.  Well worth the time and money.

thanks Momma Ruthies for your reply.  I had wondered about some reviews from people with actual experience w/ a child in the program as you said.  

Yes, we used Brain Balance with one of our sons and saw tremendous results.  We've seen many people---and realized we were getting "band aids" for him and not addressing the root problems.  We did six months at Brain Balance and our son improved from 4 to 8 years in ability depending on the area.  Huge changes in his self confidence!  He can finally ride a bike well and has confidence to try all kinds of new things.  

Honestly, we feel that Brain Balance looked at the "whole" picture and addressed the "whole" problem instead of the audiologist addressing auditory processing with her band-aid, the speech therapist addressing speech and language issues with her band-aid, the music therapist, etc.  Our speech therapist was the one who told us about BB and had another patient make huge strides.  We stopped therapy while in BB and she was floored with the changes in our son.  

It is expensive, but we feel it was definitely worth it for the changes we saw in that amount of time---and the changes in our son's confidence.  I have read enough reviews of people bashing it who have never had a child with special needs and gone through the journey of trying to get them help and hitting dead ends.  For us, this was just what our son needed.  I would encourage anyone who has a child who struggles to at least get an eval from the people at Brain Balance.  Well worth the time and money.