Menu

Mosdos Press Focus Sheet....pdf

Murrayshire

I have been trying to figure out how I am going to go about using Mosdos Press Pearl with my 6th grader.  There is just an enormous amount of info in the TM, workbook pages, and student book!!  So, after talking it over with myself and another WTM Mosdos user I have come to the conclusion that I need to stop over planning and just roll with it each day.  

I have decided to designate 3 days a week for Mosdos.  Day 1 will consist of going over Focus Pages and reading the Selection in a guided manner.  The TM allows you to easily treat each selection as a guided reading lesson.  I hope to not spend over an hour once a week doing this.  On days 2 and 3, dd will complete any worksheets that I feel necessary.

I have made a worksheet that I will have dd use for each selection we do.  The first page is a Focus Page....if you have Mosdos Press in front of you, you can see that this is similar to the pages before the reading selection.  I will have my dd fill this out with me before and after reading.  Page 2 of the worksheet is a story chart sheet that I made.  I won't have her fill this in for each selection, just some, as it is good practice for her.  

Focus Sheet Mosdos Press

Edit to add:  My third grader is using Mosdos Press Opal this year.  I have included here an "Eyes On" sheet for him to use.  It is very simple and is explained how I will be using it on pg. 2 of the printout! 

• 3 weeks later...