Menu

Removable tape for marking books

momofkhm

I'm looking at book rentals for my dual enrolled senior this fall.  I only have the option of buying the bio book new from the bookstore (no rental available), but I can rent it from Amazon for about 1/10 the price.  But other books, rental is cheaper at the bookstore.  I want a way I can mark the books as bookstore rentals or amazon rentals.  But of course due to having to return the books, it has to be removable.  Any ideas?

We had an issue with my older dd that she thought she was doing something great and returned a online rental to the bookstore.  Then we ended up paying the online rental for the book, brand new pricing.  I'm trying to avoid that.  Although, the total savings with the other classes amounts to $17.

Have barely looked at books for older dd.  (Shaking head at how much books cost!)

As she's a senior, I'd encourage her to come up with a plan on how to know where to return her texts.  She could make a list of the texts with the order number, rental place, price,  date of receipt and date of return and address.  If she needs the info in the book as well, she can use a Post-It sticky or just write lightly in pencil on a specific page number and erase it before returning.  She may have another idea which will work for her.  

My kids put their book rental information on their online calendars---basically, "send X book back to Amazon" or "return Y book to bookstore Z" (there are two campus bookstores in town)---and thus receive reminders.

I put the same info on my calendar :D

Can she get some of those removable "post it" flags in different colors and stick one near the end of the book sticking out ever-so-slightly, so it's out of the way? She could also stick one just inside the cover on the first page or something if she doesn't want it sticking out the top all semester. Red could be for 'rental', blue for 'bought the book', etc.

The flags tend to leave adhesive if left on for weeks/months. Their adhesive is stronger than regular post-it notes, but it also tends to peel off and stay on the book pages when removed. A regular post-it note can do that, too, but it's less likely.