Menu

Interactive History Curriculum

Guest Jpaivanas

Guest Jpaivanas

I am entering my 3rd year of homeschooling and I have a soon to be 7th grader and 5th grader.  I have had horrible experience teaching my girls history and science and Im now looking for a more fun and interactive curriculum for them. Something that's not going to bore them to death.  I looked up a few but either they were nothing but reading or way out of my price range. Help me please!

Guest Jpaivanas

Well The first year I was so overwhelmed with it I just basically did math and language arts. Last year I used Core Knowledge and I liked it but my girls were very bored. They lived watching the videos online that I was able to pull for them! That's what I'm looking for. Something with videos and a possible guide that will keep them engaged. They do not do well with just textbook material. A little of both would be good but if it's something that I have to teach them, it won't work.

I would like to stay pretty close to what they should be learning at this age because I do plan on them returning to school at some point.

One of my favorite history resources that works well with TWTM method since it's chronological, is the World History For Us All website.  It has a secular world history curriculum for free that goes from broad eras to more and more detailed and smaller scope information.  It has lots of great teacher lesson plans and resources with tons of activities that are designed for classroom use but easily adapted to homeschools.  It starts with pre-history and then goes chronologically through time using a whole world perspective that we really enjoy.  We use it along with our Kingfisher encyclopedia and living books.