Menu

Reading Roadmaps

Amy M

I have it and plan to use it.  Honestly, it feels like a glorified booklist to me though it does talk a lot about how to use the list (there are about 6 ways - daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc).  It fits what I wanted so I am happy with it - you should check out the sample that christianbook has. 

My kids are very young compared to 5th & 6th (they are rising 2nd and 3rd) but I like it for the booklist suggestions for each year including info on the theme, literary devices, conflict, etc.  Also I like that it has objectives for each year of school in the back (2nd grade, 3rd grade). It helps me to understand my goals for the year better, which wasn't addressed in Teaching the Classics. As a stand alone, I would be pretty lost to be able to do this without the Teaching the Classics seminar. Unfortunately my literary education growing up wasn't the best so this is a lot of new territory for me. I do also like that there are schedules for if you want to discuss a book a week, a book a month, or a book a quarter, etc. It makes it easy to adapt for when I might want to start a book club or something when they are older.

I have it and plan to use it.  Honestly, it feels like a glorified booklist to me though it does talk a lot about how to use the list (there are about 6 ways - daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc).  It fits what I wanted so I am happy with it - you should check out the sample that christianbook has. 

Thanks that's helpful to know.  I have plenty of lists and don't really need something like that at this point.