Menu

S/O If my kid is crazy for the Popular Mechanics for Kids videos, is there a good magazine?

Popular Science, Robot, MAKE

According to my dd, about every third Popular Science is boring (car-focused, I'm assuming,) but the rest are fine.

Just a warning, though. Popular Mechanics and Science are for older audiences, and I have to preview and pull out ED and online dating ads sometimes.

How about a book?

The New Way Things Work by David Macaulay and Neil Ardley

"The information age is upon us, baffling us with thousands of complicated state-of-the-art technologies. To help make sense of the computer age, David Macaulay brings us The New Way Things Work. This completely updated and expanded edition describes twelve new machines and includes more than seventy new pages detailing the latest innovations. With an entirely new section that guides us through the complicated world of digital machinery, where masses of electronic information can be squeezed onto a single tiny microchip, this revised edition embraces all of the newest developments, from cars to watches. Each scientific principle is brilliantly explained--with the help of a charming, if rather slow-witted, woolly mammoth."

Regards,

Kareni