Menu

I'm So Spoiled

Jean in Newcastle

I could use some spoiling but what I really care about right now is oven-baked onion rings.  I have never made onion rings because I don't like deep frying.  It never occurred to me that they could be baked!   Off to find recipes now....

My 5 year old has been doing the day camp at dh's work since last Monday and has taken on some seriously responsible morning tasks all by himself and without being asked too. He's made himself and his siblings breakfast, oatmeal, every morning since last Friday. He's also packed his lunch each day! Oh and gotten himself dressed including shoes and he even taught himself to tie his own shoes. This has allowed me to sleep in a little longer!

Dh puts gas in my car every week. He's only been unable to a few times in many years. Seriously, once I had to get gas and it took me a couple seconds to remember where the switch was to open the little door to the tank because I hadn't done it in so long.

Dh makes coffee every morning with the chemex. It's a pour over method that makes delicious coffee! I don't have the patience so this is such a big deal to me!

My dh makes me coffee every morning too!! I want to try a chemex, I've heard the coffee is awesome

I forgot to mention my mom still sends care packages several times a year. I'm from HI, she's still there. And there are certain treats you just can't get around here. So when it's someone's birthday or Christmas she sends a bunch of goodies along with the gift. She's sending one this week!