Menu

Gift ideas for girl turning 9?

Tranquility7

We don't know her very well and are not sure what she is interested in.  I know she is very active and loves dance, though she's not a ballerina sort of girl.

Any good new toys/crafts/activities/other anyone can think of?  I'm at a loss, and the party is in a week!!

DD9 has been begging me for this new toy called a "Happy." It's basically a super-interactive zhu-zhu pet (remember those?). 

I think most  9yos have a rainbow loom at this point. DD's obsession is finally waning and I've observed the same thing among her peers in our area.

A cool squirt gun and beach towel?

DD loves her headlamp and gift card to Barnes and Noble for night reading.

The Boogie Board ewriter a pp suggested looks awesome. My dd would go crazy for that.

I have a 10 yr old active dancer but not ballerina. Since you don't know her well I'd go with hair stuff kit or some sort of crafty kit. Joann's and Michael's tend to have quite a few of those. For hair stuff, try Claire's. If you know where she goes to dance school, you can look up the school and find out their colors and get hair stuff in those colors for a bit of personalization.

Thanks for all the great ideas!  I know she already has Rainbow Loom, and she is so into Frozen I'm scared to get her anything with that theme (since I worry she has it all already!).  But I will go and look at craft stuff... I think she does enjoy that kind of thing, I just never know what is new versus "old news"!  But I will go see what I can find :-)

My dd will be turning 9 in a couple weeks.  Here are the things she is most asking for right now:

A new purse

Earrings

Nailpolish

A pillow pet

She bought herself a rainbow loom recently and was on a kick making those bracelets for a while.

She does like new items for her American Girl doll, and also likes her Barbies.

She loves Barbie/Tinkerbell/Disney DVDs.

A gift certificate to the local candy store would send her over the moon.