Menu

I got rear ended yesterday.

Truscifi

My and Babyman. We were on the way home from speech therapy and a nice elderly lady in a Prius ran into us. Babyman is fine (yay for the rear facing carseat!) but my back is very sore. Also, now I have to deal with insurance companies. :thumbdown:

I feel your pain....literally.  I was rear ended on June 20th.  I just started PT because I have been unable to move my neck, and there is so much tension in my shoulders that my arms and hands are going numb.  We were almost at a stop (red light), and the guy behind me was going almost the speed limit and showed no sign of stopping.  Dd was fine, but I tensed up because I could see in my rear view that he wasn't slowing and I anticipated the crash.  Since it was his fault and he was ticketed for careless driving, his insurance has to pay my medical.  It gets worse before it gets better, so don't wait to be seen.  

I feel your pain....literally.  I was rear ended on June 20th.  I just started PT because I have been unable to move my neck, and there is so much tension in my shoulders that my arms and hands are going numb.  We were almost at a stop (red light), and the guy behind me was going almost the speed limit and showed no sign of stopping.  Dd was fine, but I tensed up because I could see in my rear view that he wasn't slowing and I anticipated the crash.  Since it was his fault and he was ticketed for careless driving, his insurance has to pay my medical.  It gets worse before it gets better, so don't wait to be seen.  

We were both checked out at the ER, and I'm going for a follow up with my doc if it isn't feeling better in the next day or so. I hope the PT helps you!

:grouphug:  Don't forget to replace the carseat.

Yep, the paramedic reminded me too. I'm on it. :)

make sure to ask HIS (I hope you reported the accident to them and not your own) if the car seat will be covered too.  some are, some aren't.

We each reported it to our own insurances and my insurance has already been in contact with her insurance to get the ball rolling. She was definitely at fault.

I hope your doctor will deal with auto insurance claims if thats the path you take.  I had a heck of a time finding a doctor that would.  My own refused to deal with it.  I have to go 45 minutes away for my PT. With FL being a no fault state, it is tough to find one that will deal with the claims.