Menu

Anyone using WWE and ELtL (formerly LLtL)?

SoCal_Bear

I was thinking about using English Lessons through Literature 2 (does this sound reasonable?) to slow down my LO who is halfway done with WWE1. I didn't want to get to WWE3 too soon later on since he is 5 still.

I don't particularly care for FLL since it is so repetitive and wasn't sure what else to consider to introduce a little grammar that would fit what we are doing. My intention later is to go with MCT Island, Killgallon, and possibly CAP W&R or IEW-SWI-A, so I am biding time until he gets to a 3rd grade level in his writing abilities.

My kids are younger than yours so my response is based on what others have said that I remembered because it's relevant to me.

ELTL covers both FLL and WWE so you would be doubling up.

If I were you I would only do ELTL, until I used MCT. I would not add a writing program to MCT though.

My plan:

K-2 Intensive phonics with light grammar & writing (cursive)

3-8 Latin & Progymnasmata

9-12 Rhetoric and modern writing

3-12 Formal Literature & Poetry Studies

We will be doing WWE2 and eltl 1 next year. This year we did wwe 1 and we loved it. His narration and handwriting are good. I wanted a bit more next year so we choose to add eltl. I would do level two if we didn't have a tag along little brother. I like the Art appreciation, poems, and fables to discuss. It gives us more depth in language arts without accelerating. The copywork in eltl is small like wwe 1 . I'm going to have him work on the copywork independently while I work with his little brother on letter sounds. The reading of the main story will be his reading for the day. The other days of the week he will read history. If little brother drops interest in eltl then I will probably switch to level 2. It's in the same book.