Menu

MCT poetry - can it stand alone?

ErinMarie123

Hi --

We have happily and successfully used FLL & WWE (two years)/IEW (started last year).  We saw MCT at his first conference in Valley Forge, but our oldest is just now at the right age to consider this curriculum.  I have a lot of questions, but saw several threads about the same concerns so I will study those later, so for now I am only wondering:

Can the MCT poetics (specifically Music Hemispheres & maybe Building Poems) stand alone?  

Regardless what we do with grammar/writing/language arts in general, we would like to introduce this sort of poetry instruction.  If the MCT poetry stuff can be used independently of the other MCT things, that would be super!

Thanks for any help with this!

I think so, but my bias is that the different components reinforce one another so beautifully that it really is a big part of the magic for us. I think this is one of the things I found difficult to grasp based on samples. Once we were using all of the components together, I really fell in love. Yes, I drink the koolaid :D

Thanks, everyone!  I have smelled the Kool-Aid but have not consumed any yet.  lol  I live near Valley Forge but we are travelling for the bulk of the time they are having their conference here later this month....but I am thinking if I only pop in to peruse their sale table they would not mind?!  I do so much better when I can see stuff in person.

Thanks again!

Thanks, everyone!  I have smelled the Kool-Aid but have not consumed any yet.  lol  I live near Valley Forge but we are travelling for the bulk of the time they are having their conference here later this month....but I am thinking if I only pop in to peruse their sale table they would not mind?!  I do so much better when I can see stuff in person.

Thanks again!

Are they having a conference in June?  I thought this year they bumped it up to May?  I attended last year, but this year was unable to make it in May.  If there's one in June I'd love to go.

PMing you.

edited to add: I saw this, which says it was bumped to 2015 now?

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/508336-rfwp-valley-forge-conference/