Menu

Your best resource for learning to write a research paper?

Hyacinth

I don't think I can post links since this is my first post but I used one from Teacher Created Materials called "How to Write a Research Report" grades 3-6. It looks like they have a version geared for 6-8 as well. I liked it because it starts with narrowing down your topic, through all of the various ways to research (library skills), then to organizing your research, and finally writing it and ways to present it. My oldest balks at writing and she really liked learning all of the library skills sections and we took our time going through and it came together nicely. She used her information to create a research poster on a chicken for 4H that she is entering at the fair in a few weeks.

Ok, just curious if anyone knows the answer to this;  SWB recommends the Introductory logic course on the linked SWB page.  Does anyone know how this course differs from Art of Argument?  Is it more inclusive, including AoA topics?

Oh, thanks!  We haven't found a writing book that is as good a fit as WWS, and I didn't particularly want to abandon it for anything else.

This is a very old link...SWB wrote this series nearly a decade ago. (It is still all very good information, but that explains the recommendation.)

Ok, just curious if anyone knows the answer to this;  SWB recommends the Introductory logic course on the linked SWB page.  Does anyone know how this course differs from Art of Argument?  Is it more inclusive, including AoA topics?

I think you'll find some comparisons if you search the High School and Logic Stage forums for art+argument+introductory+logic.